Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I've done a few clutches myself as well and have always fitted the kit as a whole.

i've never had to have a flywheel done, and have had no problems.
Perhaps its a good idea to check it at least, which is what I've always done. I've never seen a flywheel side in poor condition, but I suppose it could be?

I think in England we always buy the whole kit and fit it even if its just worn the plate. This is common to do this in racing, I had an F3 car and replaced the plate, as everone said that was all that was required.
Thing is, it was easy to get to the clutch on the F3 compared to a road car.
Most people won't look at doing a clutch, so they have the lot done in England due to the hight cost for some very ordinary cars. (ford mondeo 600) I'm not doing my porsche clutch, but was happy to do the F3.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Skies
Is this true? The refinishing of the flywheel, I mean. I've done numerous clutch replacements on other cars and, after examining the surface to check for scoring or blued areas caused by overheating, happily put on a new clutch with no problems whatsoever (after using a proper alignment tool, obviously)
I've never done it without refinishing the flywheel. Mind you, re-finishing is not the same thing as correcting major wear irregularities, just a light going-over to sort of "buff out" normal wear from the clutch.
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 01-08-2006, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: