Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Yea, but it's a dry heat

Electric Seat Switch

Someone is gonna get a laugh out of this. Was just taking a quick trip around town yesterday and while stopped at a light, I went to adjust the seat, put the seat back just a little and "ah that fits," oops wait its not stopping!!!!. Now the seat is all the way back. No big deal, just move the seat forward, push the switch, and nada, nothing, does not move. Im not a tall guy at 5'7 on a good day. So here I am basically half standing/crouching to reach the pedals now, thank god I had the top down, light turns green the car lurches along because of the great control that I now have over the clutch and I pull into a bingo hall. Seems like the switch got stuck in reverse. Works fine now in reverse. Getting nothing when I use the forward switch though. I am just glad the previous owner kept all the tools in the back. So here I am in the parking lot of the bingo hall, with a bunch of blue haired old ladies looking at me, manually putting my seat back into the correct spot for me with the hex wrench. Guess I am gonna pull the switch tonight and clean it. It was working fine that morning, dont know what could happened to it. Wife got a kick out of it though.

Any suggestions??
Old 01-09-2006, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
One time the seat adjuster broke on my 951. I had just adjusted the seat a couple minutes prior. I stepped on it hard from a light, and made it to about 4000RPM in second before the adjuster let go, and my seat went all the way back. Needless to say I let fully off the gas pedal, and the sudden deceleration caused the seat to return to the fully forward position, and the steering wheel to meet my ribs. To top it all off, due to the sudden nature of this chain reaction, I had not relocated my right foot, and upon the trip to the full forward position, I ended up stomping on the gas again, which once again sent me rearwards then again forward. At this point, I had the presence of mind to push the seat fully rearward and to hunch on the floor to get the car off the road....

Buy my parts!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: