Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

venturi delete question

I ordered the venturi delete to fix my leaking hoses and figured id get rid of all the old cv parts that are doing nothing. My question is what to do with the oil separator? I want to get rid of all the metal lines to clean things up. Is there a hose I can buy for it?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I just use 3/4" hose from Home Depot. It does the trick and holds up well.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

What is this "venturi delete" you speak of? I know what the stock cv plumbing looks like, but what's it supposed to looke like with the delete. Do you have to add a separate vapor canister or is that the subject of a whole new thread?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i'm wondering what this is too...

explain!

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The venturi delete gets rid of the metal piping and cv under the 951 intake manifold. The venturi delete kit comes with all the hoses for the iacv and brake booster from the manifold. The only thing they dont give you is the oil separator hose so you would have to leave the metal piping for one hose. I ended up buying a bent hose, cutting one end short and on the long end putting a coupler and extension to the j boot. I couldent see leaving all that piping for one line, and the way it is now i can pull it out and change it at any time.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

OK, please correct me if I'm wrong. I did the research and found nothing really definative. Does the venturi delete directive go like this:

1. Remove the venturi with it's three associated hoses.
2. Add a new hose directly from the intake manifold to brake booster.
3. Plug tee at the intake boot where the orificed veturi line connected.
4. Scratch head.
5. Wonder what purpose the venturi served in the first place.
6. Wonder what purpose that hose going from the belt housing to the air box serves other than getting in the way.
7. Hope somebody posts pictures/text regarding the removal of these hoses so subsequent serches result in a well documented explanation of why they can be removed.

(maybe post #5001? hint-hint)
Old 02-15-2006, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: