Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sorry Guys

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My friend wanted me to argue about it... he thought that higher octane increased power in my car, obviously he was wrong.

Can you guys forgive and forget?
'93 325is Red, aftermarket rims, pirelli tires, 95,000 miles
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

We'll try. You've started out poorly, and have lost some credibility.

I hope you become a well-respected contributer to this great forum.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Im just trying to gain more info, doesnt help when you friend knows about muscle cars not Porsches. From now on I'll stick to the stuff I know. I do hope to fix these great cars in the future!
'93 325is Red, aftermarket rims, pirelli tires, 95,000 miles
Old 02-06-2006, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Razorback1980
If there was anything good from that post, it was I developed a whole new level of respect for Fast924S. I'm not sure how this guy kept his cool after your comments, but I was impressed that he did.

The key is not to take a strong stance to anything you don't know for sure and even then learn to talk about it in a positive constructive way....you will probably learn even more than you already know. This forum is addictive to me because I know American muscle cars extremely well (BTW, they handle octane exactly the same as Porsches), but I'm still learning from here every day...even though I've owned a Porsche for twenty years. There are a lot of very well educated people here and at 17, you (nor your friend) have traveled a lot of these roads in some cases neither have I which is why I'm here. You'll get it and it'll come to you but just because your friend says you can jump off a tall bridge and live doesn't make it right, so don't go jumping, use your OWN head and think for yourself. The impressive part is that you came back and apologized. That's a good start. I admire your passion, just make sure it's toward something worth while and positive. Cheers!

1990 944S2 Cabriolet
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2003 Maroon Ford F350 dually
Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Welcome to the board Liljon1. Big props for apologizing. that was cool.
You'll learn alot from guys on this board. these cars take a long time to know the ins and outs. I'm a long time v8 muscle car guy. Been building marine race motors for over 20 yrs. But, i still dont know crap about our engines. Ive had 3 of these cars, all have been remarkably trouble free, except for a few routines things. So ive never had the need to dive that deep into them. Came real close to destroying an engine block because of something that I thought was correct but wasnt. (cylinder lining). Keep on open mind and take advice from people who really know.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: