Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

944 Front A-Arm Bushings

I'm helping a friend replace the bushings on the front end of his 86 944. He got a set of Weltmeister (red) bushings for the front A-Arms, and these things seem to be larger in diameter than they should be. Anyone have any ideas of magic incantations that we should chant to get these to fit. The Part number on the package is correct.

I think if we chamfer the edges a little and grease them up we can get them in, but i'm not sure.. advice would be nice
Old 04-30-2006, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
A-arm bushings

I just did mine w/ Weltmeisters on my 84. It was a beeahtch. I used a bench grinder to kind of taper the end enough to get it started. I also heated up the a arm a little and used a bit of bearing grease w/ a piece of wood and a rubber mallet.. Probably not the best way but it worked. Kind of reminded me of when I turned 50 and went for my physical except that I did not hear the popping latex glove.

I also decided to use 951 sway bars and a bunch of other stuff. The handling difference is incredible (especially w/ 17" wheels and fat tires). You will not regret anything you do to improve the suspension on an already fantastic handling car.

Steve

84 944
98 M3
91 964 C4 Targa
00 Durango
Old 04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yep.. That seems like the best way to go.. thanks
Old 04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Good luck with it!!
Old 04-30-2006, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

sbade,

did you remove just the old rubber parts? The whole bushing consists of an outer steel bushing that is pressed into the arms, with the rubber inside it. You need to remove the outer bushing
87 944S - Sold
77 924 - Sold
Old 05-01-2006, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: