Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Ready for the road

After buying this 944 last fall I finally have it on the road. It sat under cover all winter and I have been working on it the last few months. Full maintenance schedule including the big things. Water pump and timing belt were replaced just before I bought it. I did the moter mounts and I had the timing belt tensioned. The only unexpected work was a rebuilt steering rack and pump. The mechanic who replaced those said everything else looks great.

I want to thank everyone on this board for all the help it has been. I understand the car much better and I am certainly more confident working on it. For those interested in the numbers here they are. '86 - 944 with 72,000 miles. Paid $5500 for it, bought a little less then $1000 in misc stuff to fix little things and do the maintenace. The rack, pump, belt tension and inspection were $1000. Because of the low milage I am happy with the outcome.

I am certainly glad I paid extra for a car in decent shape and not a bargain basement fixer upper. Expect to spend some effort and cash and you won't be dissapointed. Now its time to enjoy it. Happy driving!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
So I here where you're from they put water in bottles and sell them...

Jk..Nice clean 944
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Gonna love it!
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Very nice!! You definately made a good decision to fork up a few extra bucks on the front end and get something w/ low mileage and as clean as that one looks. Enjoy!

Steve

84 944
91 C4 Targa
98 M3
00 Durango
06 Aprilia

03 Eurovan
00 Land Rover Disco II
Old 05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: