Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
horn problems!!

Hello, I have a 1984 944 auto. The issue I am having is that the horn will not operate. When I press down the horn pad I can here the relay clicking. I replaced the 12v relay with a 40v relay and I hit the horn. It sounded for a second and that was It, back to the clicking relay. The horn in the car are brand new. Also, as long as I have owned the car I haven't been able to get both horns to operate. Just one pitch coming from them.I have checked all the grounds and they are all O.K. Every time I fix one thing on this car another one arrises. The fun of owning a 944 I guess!! Thanks in advance for all your help!

Old 05-30-2006, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

I had a similar problem, turns out that both of my horns were pretty badly deteriated. I replaced them both, and everything works great now. Sounds like you've already covered that. You might have to trace the wiring between the horns and relay for a short.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

don't waste your shifting hand to honk your horn, drop it into gear and pass them...

coastal cruzer
Old 05-31-2006, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

only time i use my horn is when a stupid mofo in the lane next to me thinks he's coming over with me right there..

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

a slingshot and marbles works for me....

coastal cruzer
Old 05-31-2006, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

LOL awesome...
I still want my "back the f*** off" LED lightboard on the back of my car lol (customizable, of course, to say anything you wish)..

...or a loud speaker..

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

yea out here, they drop rocks off bridges, housewives burn their hubby's cars, kids build racers to crash them and the girlfriend still gets a ride home, old people drive their car just to say they can, rich people fill up their suv's and complain about the price, the modern man invests in marbles.

coastal cruzer
Old 05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: