Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Angry Sticking speedo after instrument light replacement

Hey guys my speedo is sticking after I replaced the instrument panel bulbs. I did disconnect the 3 wiring harnesses and reconnected them ensuring good contact. Anything else?
It sticks at any speed but I can knock on the bezel with my knuckle and it resolves for awhile.

Weird VDO gadgetry behind that instrument panel!

Thanks guys as always!
Brock

86 951 Zermatt
165 mph attained but still not fast enough!

Old 07-03-2006, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
That Guy

Garage
Mine does the same occasionally, a very light tap on the dash and it goes to where its supposed to. I never figured this one out.. cleaned the contacts, everything.
Past worth mentioning - 1987 924S, 1987 944, 1988 944T with 5.7L LS1
Old 07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Seems ok now...I removed it again and tightned the grounds and cleaned connectors.

Hey guys if you are dim try this it helps so much. Most of the bulbs were actually ok but very dirty. I replaced the large ones but only cleaned the small ones and all is good.

Brock
86 Zermatt 951
Old 07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old 928 Guy

to others that might have this problem....

.Definitely try reconnecting the 3 connectors again...I had the same problem after converting my instrument light bulbs to LEDS..the speedometer started acting wierd..turned out one of the connectors (I can't remember which) felt like it was on but it was not quite there..and it's hard to tell at least on mine because there was almost no "service loop" on the wire harness..so you were pushing it on almost blind

After an initial panic..when i reconnected everything (again) the speedometer was OK..but it sure felt connected the first time.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: