Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

F&^%$ ******* Totaled My Car -with Pics - Not for the Squeemish!

Well some mother****er decided to make a U-Turn from a parking spot and hit me pretty good. The car looks pretty bad. I wouldnt decide if its totaled. I'll post pics whenever. To add insult to injury I had to pay $150 to tow it and had to cover up my door because the window obviously got shattered. This is during a downpour. Surprisingly duct tape works pretty good during a rainstorm.

My post was deleted from the other site what $u$$ie$. Anyway here are the ugly carnage pics.

http://tracksidellc.com/quickgallery/944hitgallery/

Traded - 86 944 Turbo Guards Red. RIP - 85.5 944 Guards Red

Last edited by chitown944; 08-03-2006 at 03:26 PM..
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
meister member

Garage
Holly crap man! Did the guy stop. Does he have insurance?

I hope you are ok.

Speedy
Favorite Road = www.tailofthedragon.com 318 turns in 11 miles (11 min 20 sec best run)
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sounds like you're okay - that's the main thing.

Although for the guy who hit you, it was probably the worst day he's had in a while. Hitting a Porsche? Poor both of you. How's the insurance?
'80 924 - spouse's yellowjacket.
Some wrecks and a 924 racer.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i hope the ass stopped....
the 150 dollar tow charge can be posted to his insurance if he was found to be at fault by your insurance company (and it sounds like he was)...

was there a police report?

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 08-02-2006, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Fuking hit and run. I tried chasing him but car couldnt go.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to BananaClip
you are gonna call the local body shops and go after this guy, right?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Ill be calling every body shop in the area indeed.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

maybe the parking lot or stores have security cameras?
what was the make/colour of the car? how much damage was done to him? was it a young driver?

you know.. i hear more on this board than any other board (or physical social setting) about hit and runs... is it because of the porsche crest? hmmm....

slam is right... bad day for him.. but i have no sympathy for a person who commits a hit and run...

Last edited by Eldorado; 08-02-2006 at 08:49 PM..
Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

"You know those people, you know they're mentally disturbed. They should be sent to Austrailia." -Kramer

Hope you get the guy. Nothing is worse that crunching up a car and not having fun doing it. If I did some damage racing my 89 Totyota Sport Rally Corolla, I'd take it with a grain of salt.. but one day when a guy backed into it at the gas station I lost it...
Old 08-02-2006, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

when you've got your list of body shops to call, ask each one individually about where they may have taken the car.. other body shops i mean... who knows - there may be a shop that does body work that you're not familiar with...

even call shops in adjacent cities..

I know someone around here wrote in to the local city news paper (The Mississauga News, not a big one like the toronto star.. just an inter-city paper) and they posted his article with a picture of the same type of car as the offending vehicle... showed where the damage was... and they got a call the next day from a neighbour of the offender.

regional websites... notify gas station attendants.... pull out all the stops.... everything you can... AMBER ALERT! (hmm... do you have that in the states? or is that just in the toronto area?)

Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Yes we have the amber alert. Named after a girl who was kidnapped in the states I believe. That reminds me of the Code Adam stores use for lost kids like in WalMart.. named after that guy from America's most wanted's kid who was kidnapped and chopped into small peices... I think..

ANYWAYS

I agree abot calling everywhere. Do as much as you can. Nothing would be more satisfying than to catch the guy and get your insurance money to hopefull fix it.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hey Schumi
We may have started as convicts but we don,t import them anymore not since the early 1800,s lets just send them to somewhere in the middle east or somwhere they could do with the canon fodder thats about all their good for. My 2cents
I have been a victim of one of these people only I was on a Honda. He ran all the way to the police station to report it (it only took 3 hours) and still failed the breath test. Lucky for me I only broke my ankle and there were plenty of other people who stopped to help.

83 NA Gaurds Red ( Home at last)
Holden/Opel Vectra 2002
Old 08-02-2006, 11:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Oh man that sucks! F#ckin lowlife. I hope you find that guy and nail him.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

Considering he's in Chicago proper...it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

And there are body (and chop) shops around there who do nothing but illegal work. (Repainting stolen cars, fixing hit & run damage...) Besides, everyone has a friend of a cousin who's willing to do the work "off the books".

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Despite what I've said above, I'd give it a go and try to track down the ***hole. Lord knows the CPD will be all over this. Good luck.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."

Last edited by legion; 08-03-2006 at 05:54 AM..
Old 08-03-2006, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Razorback1980
Baza, I agree...don't send them to Austrailia, way too nice of a place for that. If you want to punish someone, you don't send them to paradise, you send them to well, you get the picture. But then Kramer wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, was he? Middle of the sahara with no water sounds more appropriate.

1990 944S2 Cabriolet
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2003 Maroon Ford F350 dually

Last edited by Razorback1980; 08-03-2006 at 06:19 AM..
Old 08-03-2006, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

COPS **** them!!!!!!

COPS!!! They suck ass. This son of a ***** COP forced me to have my car towed by one that wanted to charge me $150 to tow less than a mile. The tow guy insisted I tow it to HIS garage. **** that. So he says something to the cop and now the cop says to me. Either I have it towed with him or its going to the city pound. I had no choice but I had it towed to my garage where I had it painted right around the corner from my shop where I can keep an eye on it. I will be filing a complaint with the Ofiice of Professional Standards. That fuking cop was on the take with the Tow Co. and he definately crossed the line.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

it's the law that, after an accident, you're entitled to choose whatever tow company you wish... at least it is here (i hear it on the radio all the time).. i hope you got the cops name and badge number...

unfortunately it'll be your word against his... and, well... in that situation your word is worth less than the value of the life of the douche that hit you...

Old 08-03-2006, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Yeah thats too bad, I am sorry to hear that.
Yes, you do have a right to take your car anywhere you want, by whoever you want.

I hate hearing stories of corruption, seems this country is going to hell in a handbaskit. Corruption & lies are king now.

I dont know what it is but I dodge people all the time that don't see me in my car...

People on cell phones, doing makeup, eating, never paying attention...

I want to produce a bumper sticker that says "Shut up & pay attention to your driving" but then I don't put on bumper stickers...ha ha...

Keep your head up, it could be worse, glad your ok...
Old 08-03-2006, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Damn that is a terrible site You put way to much work into that car for it to be destroyed by some low life. That situation with the cop definitely sucks too, I have had nothing but bad experiences with Chicago cops. I have been harassed several times by them when I was doing absolutely nothing wrong... one even told me he was going to kick my ass when I was only 17 Too bad nobody got the license plate, but hopefully you got a good enough view of the car where you might be able to track it down.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

Where in Chicago are you? My little sister is at Winnemac & Clark.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 08-03-2006, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: