Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   Time for another SoCal GTG? (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/298283-time-another-socal-gtg.html)

McFly944 08-11-2006 07:55 PM

Time for another SoCal GTG?

With the summer coming to a end soon, I figured it was time to try to get something going.

We want to do a GTG at the local Hooters like usual, take a canyon drive or anyone need some wrenching done on their car and have the room to host?

I know there is a PCA autocross coming up on Sept. 30th in the inland empire off the 10 freeway.

So c'mon you local pelicans throw up some ideas and lets make something happen.

A picture from the last GTG wrenching party in the Palms...

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3...ture002mq7.jpg
SmileWavy

swimmingly 08-11-2006 10:36 PM

Unfortunately, my car is inoperable. However, it would be an awesome opportunity to get it back on the road or at least try to get it back on the road. The only facilities I have is a sun-baked drive way, so I'm not quite sure if my place is the best, but if we can work something out, I'm up for it.

scottmandue 08-12-2006 09:59 AM

I'm in but my 944 isn't... it's leaking water and I fear the worst... waterpump? radiator? $$$$ also way over do for the timing belt.

I have a garage with a concret floor and plenty of parking on the street.

Hey! When did you get an S2? Poopy head!

Porsche-O-Phile 08-12-2006 10:01 AM

Yea I'm up for that. . .

Brando 08-12-2006 10:55 AM

Hooters? You can put me down +1.

josephsc 08-12-2006 02:23 PM

I'll be spending more time in SoCal in the upcoming months -- so I'll be up for a GTG.

SoCal Driver 08-12-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by josephsc
I'll be spending more time in SoCal in the upcoming months -- so I'll be up for a GTG.
SoCal is a big place. Where?

scottmandue 08-12-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SoCal Driver
SoCal is a big place. Where?
O.C. Hooters?

McFly944 08-12-2006 03:21 PM

I figured any somewhat central location that would be easy for all of us. I'm not saying like next weekend, but sometiem soon before summer is over.

I think a Sat or Sun would be great if we can pull it off in the daytime. Plenty of places for a 'cruise' then stop off at a watering hole.

Ghostrider was telling me the other day his PCA region is holding a autocross at the Orange Show near Lake Arrowhead on sept. 30.

There are plenty of things we can do, we want to shoot for the 30th of sept? or sooner? Lets get some dates up i the air and then decide what we'll do.

GostRidr 08-14-2006 10:10 PM

Count me in for another round. Maybe we can mix wrenching with a hooters lunch/happy hour that way people could choose one or both. Scottmandue, is there a good food/brew/babe place by you so we could take advantage of the space you have?! How's everyone's schedule on the weekend of the 9th? Swimmingly, would love to see the powdercoating in place!

Craig, cool pick from the last GTG! How's the S2??!! Thanks for sparking another go round!
:cool:

see you soon,
peter

Don 944 LA 08-15-2006 12:49 AM

Well my 944 is dead, but should have another soon.

I'm going to be coming up to LA area off & on for different projects..

Let me know whats up & maybe I can make it..

** Yep Don's back on the boards

Don

Brando 08-15-2006 09:13 AM

Where the crap did Don go, is the question?

WB :)

GostRidr 08-19-2006 08:21 AM

Yeah, and when the crap is Don gonna be up here again?!

Hey Scottman and PorscheO,

I'm up when you guys are for a Hooters/wrenching excursion. Tomorrows wide open and both days next weekend (I know that's last minute but these things take forever to set up! Someone just pull the trigger before it cools down and I have a bar b q out here again!). I believe that McFly944 and OnTheRun2 are busy tomorrow. Dont' know where Pokeys been lately.

I would prefer to get the chance to hang out in a driveway/empty parking lot somewhere and do some comparison inspections. I still have a lot to learn. If we can throw in a fuel pressure/compression test/ground clean/timing belt check/battery drain test.....(well you get the idea) all the better.

see you soon!
peter

scottmandue 08-19-2006 09:12 AM

My car is leaking water and thus overheating however I would be up for throwing back some beers and BSing.

What the heck happened to Pokey?

I work Saturdays so Sunday is best for me.

Be nice if we could get SoCal (Hugh) to drop by, if you want to know about these cars he is the guy to talk to.

I would like to look over Craigs S2

Don't care where we meet.

McFly944 08-19-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by scottmandue
I would like to look over Craigs S2
Depending on when and where that could be arranged. Its currently in the garage on jackstands getting a whole new clutch cyclinders, brakes, O2 sensor, among other things! Oh, not to mention I have the interior completely pulled out, it was in need of a good cleaning... linen sucks!

If we need to do some wrenching on your car scott I'm willing to help.

Pokey is around somewhere, he's got a new job and working like a crazy man last I talked to him.

Dtchy 08-20-2006 08:30 PM

Hey, sounds like fun. Count me in!
Anybody want to help with oil cooler reseal? ;)

Don 944 LA 08-22-2006 11:36 PM

Don's got him a new baby !!!!!

A 85.5 guards red

I working on cosmetic crap now, and a few electrical, but the engine and drivetrain are sound, although nothing like my 85.0...
That thing had a certain pickup and response that I don't see in the new one, but I am estatic of it none the less.

So, I'm up for a gtg !!!

I'm at a McJOB, so I have to schedule time off etc.... plus they have me going to training (on my days off :( ) so I don't really know .... you know ...

Don

EDIT: let me know the date so I can make sure I get off from work (gotta put in 2 weeks before) - ( don@free-mp3.com )

GostRidr 08-22-2006 11:46 PM

Hey Don,

Congrats on the nameless new baby!:D

If the tranny went on the old one, what did you do with the car?! Does a weekend work for you or is the McJob stealing that from you too?!

Good luck with the cosmetics!

peter

ps-where in San Diego are you? Go Pads!!!!

Don 944 LA 08-22-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GostRidr
Hey Don,

Congrats on the nameless new baby!:D

If the tranny went on the old one, what did you do with the car?! Does a weekend work for you or is the McJob stealing that from you too?!

Good luck with the cosmetics!

peter

ps-where in San Diego are you? Go Pads!!!!

The car was traded (with other stuff and computer services) to a fellow enthusiast. It had other things wrong as well, but the tranny finally grenaded.

Weekends I generally work, but can get them off if I give advance notice. Plus they want me to go through some training (on my time) so I expect to have a 3 day period off the schedule in which I'm going through a school. They don't pay me if it's involved with a promotion... fukin unions !!!!

I'm in Ramona (just over the mountain from you). I've got 5 acres with plenty of room for a GTG, but there aren't many folks her in SD. There's a bunch of guys in SD from Rennlist, but not sure who's here from Pelican.

Don

IanS 08-23-2006 01:18 PM

I'm in Pasadena and I'd be interested in a GTG sometime.