Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Time for another SoCal GTG?

With the summer coming to a end soon, I figured it was time to try to get something going.

We want to do a GTG at the local Hooters like usual, take a canyon drive or anyone need some wrenching done on their car and have the room to host?

I know there is a PCA autocross coming up on Sept. 30th in the inland empire off the 10 freeway.

So c'mon you local pelicans throw up some ideas and lets make something happen.

A picture from the last GTG wrenching party in the Palms...

Past:
89' 944 S2 Guards Red Now in the hands of a Pelican who has been wanting another p-car

Last edited by McFly944; 08-11-2006 at 07:59 PM..
Old 08-11-2006, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Unfortunately, my car is inoperable. However, it would be an awesome opportunity to get it back on the road or at least try to get it back on the road. The only facilities I have is a sun-baked drive way, so I'm not quite sure if my place is the best, but if we can work something out, I'm up for it.
-Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks
-225 lb springs up front

Cleaned grounds = happy 944
WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender
Old 08-11-2006, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
least common denominator

I'm in but my 944 isn't... it's leaking water and I fear the worst... waterpump? radiator? $$$$ also way over do for the timing belt.

I have a garage with a concret floor and plenty of parking on the street.

Hey! When did you get an S2? Poopy head!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
Yea I'm up for that. . .

Black Cars Matter
Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Hooters? You can put me down +1.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-12-2006, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'll be spending more time in SoCal in the upcoming months -- so I'll be up for a GTG.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by josephsc
I'll be spending more time in SoCal in the upcoming months -- so I'll be up for a GTG.
SoCal is a big place. Where?
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
SoCal is a big place. Where?
O.C. Hooters?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I figured any somewhat central location that would be easy for all of us. I'm not saying like next weekend, but sometiem soon before summer is over.

I think a Sat or Sun would be great if we can pull it off in the daytime. Plenty of places for a 'cruise' then stop off at a watering hole.

Ghostrider was telling me the other day his PCA region is holding a autocross at the Orange Show near Lake Arrowhead on sept. 30.

There are plenty of things we can do, we want to shoot for the 30th of sept? or sooner? Lets get some dates up i the air and then decide what we'll do.

Past:
89' 944 S2 Guards Red Now in the hands of a Pelican who has been wanting another p-car
Old 08-12-2006, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Count me in for another round. Maybe we can mix wrenching with a hooters lunch/happy hour that way people could choose one or both. Scottmandue, is there a good food/brew/babe place by you so we could take advantage of the space you have?! How's everyone's schedule on the weekend of the 9th? Swimmingly, would love to see the powdercoating in place!

Craig, cool pick from the last GTG! How's the S2??!! Thanks for sparking another go round!

see you soon,
peter
2015 Charger Rallye SXT
Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Well my 944 is dead, but should have another soon.

I'm going to be coming up to LA area off & on for different projects..

Let me know whats up & maybe I can make it..

** Yep Don's back on the boards

Don
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 08-15-2006, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Where the crap did Don go, is the question?

WB

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-15-2006, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Yeah, and when the crap is Don gonna be up here again?!

Hey Scottman and PorscheO,

I'm up when you guys are for a Hooters/wrenching excursion. Tomorrows wide open and both days next weekend (I know that's last minute but these things take forever to set up! Someone just pull the trigger before it cools down and I have a bar b q out here again!). I believe that McFly944 and OnTheRun2 are busy tomorrow. Dont' know where Pokeys been lately.

I would prefer to get the chance to hang out in a driveway/empty parking lot somewhere and do some comparison inspections. I still have a lot to learn. If we can throw in a fuel pressure/compression test/ground clean/timing belt check/battery drain test.....(well you get the idea) all the better.

see you soon!
peter
2015 Charger Rallye SXT
Old 08-19-2006, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
least common denominator

My car is leaking water and thus overheating however I would be up for throwing back some beers and BSing.

What the heck happened to Pokey?

I work Saturdays so Sunday is best for me.

Be nice if we could get SoCal (Hugh) to drop by, if you want to know about these cars he is the guy to talk to.

I would like to look over Craigs S2

Don't care where we meet.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by scottmandue
I would like to look over Craigs S2
Depending on when and where that could be arranged. Its currently in the garage on jackstands getting a whole new clutch cyclinders, brakes, O2 sensor, among other things! Oh, not to mention I have the interior completely pulled out, it was in need of a good cleaning... linen sucks!

If we need to do some wrenching on your car scott I'm willing to help.

Pokey is around somewhere, he's got a new job and working like a crazy man last I talked to him.

Past:
Old 08-19-2006, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Hey, sounds like fun. Count me in!
Anybody want to help with oil cooler reseal?

1994 BMW 325is M-Technic
1986 Porsche 944 N/A
Old 08-20-2006, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Don's got him a new baby !!!!!

A 85.5 guards red

I working on cosmetic crap now, and a few electrical, but the engine and drivetrain are sound, although nothing like my 85.0...
That thing had a certain pickup and response that I don't see in the new one, but I am estatic of it none the less.

So, I'm up for a gtg !!!

I'm at a McJOB, so I have to schedule time off etc.... plus they have me going to training (on my days off ) so I don't really know .... you know ...

Don

EDIT: let me know the date so I can make sure I get off from work (gotta put in 2 weeks before) - ( don@free-mp3.com )
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat

Last edited by Don 944 LA; 08-22-2006 at 11:47 PM..
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Hey Don,

Congrats on the nameless new baby!

If the tranny went on the old one, what did you do with the car?! Does a weekend work for you or is the McJob stealing that from you too?!

Good luck with the cosmetics!

peter

ps-where in San Diego are you? Go Pads!!!!
2015 Charger Rallye SXT
Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by GostRidr
Hey Don,

Congrats on the nameless new baby!

If the tranny went on the old one, what did you do with the car?! Does a weekend work for you or is the McJob stealing that from you too?!

Good luck with the cosmetics!

peter

ps-where in San Diego are you? Go Pads!!!!
The car was traded (with other stuff and computer services) to a fellow enthusiast. It had other things wrong as well, but the tranny finally grenaded.

Weekends I generally work, but can get them off if I give advance notice. Plus they want me to go through some training (on my time) so I expect to have a 3 day period off the schedule in which I'm going through a school. They don't pay me if it's involved with a promotion... fukin unions !!!!

I'm in Ramona (just over the mountain from you). I've got 5 acres with plenty of room for a GTG, but there aren't many folks her in SD. There's a bunch of guys in SD from Rennlist, but not sure who's here from Pelican.

Don
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I'm in Pasadena and I'd be interested in a GTG sometime.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: