Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Brake Pads/Rotors

Can anyone reccomend me some brake pads and rotors?
Going to get a brake job done somewhat soon, and want good stopping power.
Do NOT want cross-drilled rotors, as they seems to have bad problems cracking. Stock OE rotors with different pads?

Car is driven street and AutoX, with some track use forseeable in the future.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
That Guy

Garage
Your stopping power is limited to your tires.

OE rotors, Zimmerman or Brembo. Metal master pads front and rear. More than adequete for street and will hold there own with auto-x. Even will hold up to some novice track driving. Switch to a good brake fluid while your at it.
Past worth mentioning - 1987 924S, 1987 944, 1988 944T with 5.7L LS1
Old 08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I just replaced my Oe rotors ( 1 warped) that had some Autozone Metalic compound brake pads. I replaced them with zimmerman x-drilled(Drill holes beveld to eliminated craking) on just the front for now with Mintex Red brake pads(organic) and the front brake hoses and rebuilt the calipers. Stoping power is firmer, smoother and more predictable. Stops sooner now with less force then what i had to before. If anything New hoses and Rebuilding calipers is in order. Took me 2 days Dog'n it to get it done
85 325e BMW T-boned R.I.P.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i've had cross drilled brembos for a year and a half in the front, and they're still shiny and new... crack free... just like the k&n filter debate, everyone will have an opinion on this...

i didn't buy them because they were drilled though.. i bought them because they were available sooner than the regular flat rotors.. so i'm not saying they're better, i'm just saying i have no complaints..

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Apparently Alfa discs are the same and cost a lot less- give "rudidelange" a PM and he can give you details.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: