Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
RHD Radiator hoses holes worn by pulley

I have recently had work done on my car,bypass of oil cooler and flush cooling system,full service,front disc replacement which cost me about $1400. After the repairs my car was loosing water and I saw the top radiator hose had touched the fan belt pulley and made a hole. The mechanic charged another $150 to replace the hose and flush the system (4 hours labour). I have had the car 5 years without this problem and a few weeks after the repair this happens. He claims the radiator mounting rubbers are worn and radiator was moving forward causing this to happen. Went to agent and he says movement of radiator is normal and it was a crap job and payment should be stopped. What do you guys think.
Can anyone tell me if radiator hoses for Right Hand Drive and LHD 944's are the same or mirror image parts? An upper radiator hose here costs $80 approximately and Pelican charges $20 so I am sure with shipping it is still cheaper. The bottom hose also has a nick in it so I wish to replace that. PN944-106-237-05-M101
Can anyone also tell me at what pressure the cooling system runs? I had a 100kpa (15psi) expansion bottle cap which was only pressurising to 70 kpa (approx10psi) so have purchased one from the agent rated 150Kpa

Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

The top hose can be put on backwards. If this happens, yes it will rub a hole from the pulley on the alternator. Doesn't matter if it is LHD or RHD. If you take the hose off, you will see one end has a bend that is almost 90. IIRC, this is the end that goes onto the radiator. The end that has the flowing bend to it, goes onto the waterneck on th head

I have tons of spare parts, let me know what you need.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry, did not explain myself properly-I mean are they the same part number for LHD and RHD car. The hose was put on the correct way, just that there was not enough clearance from the pulley so it rubbed. There is a bracket that holds the hose away from the pulley which could have been bent and it looks like the hose could be pushed on more to the radiator. The lower radiator hose still has to be replaced, and that attatches on the LHS of my car's radiator-is that the same for a LHD 944
Old 10-09-2006, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

G'day Paul
It is the same hose it does not matter what side your steering wheel is.
I have found it cheaper to get certain things from Pelican, just watch the postage costs and exchange rates. Compare the prices with your local supplier, you can save a lot if you buy right.

83 NA Gaurds Red ( Home at last)
Holden/Opel Vectra 2002
Old 10-09-2006, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: