Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to hpaulb
Question Wire run

Thought I'd throw out a thread as there hasn't been a new posting in 2 weeks???

I was working on my heater cable. Put the center console back together and no lights on my clock and oil pressure Gage but the Gages themselves work, At the same time I noticed my interior lights don't work with the door switch either side. OK manually though. Anyone know if the wire run is together or common at any point?
03 Altima Tin box
05 Pontiac Sunfire, 64 VW dirt buggy
Old 12-15-2006, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Greasy Member

Not exactly sure.
Do you have the circuit diagrams?
If not, PM me with your email address and I will send you the diagrams, they should help you find any common points that could cause the problem.

-Nick
-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Re: Wire run

Quote:
Originally posted by hpaulb
Thought I'd throw out a thread as there hasn't been a new posting in 2 weeks???

I was working on my heater cable. Put the center console back together and no lights on my clock and oil pressure Gage but the Gages themselves work, At the same time I noticed my interior lights don't work with the door switch either side. OK manually though. Anyone know if the wire run is together or common at any point?
The real question you should be asking, is, OH OH, I didn't get it all back together properly, and should I remove the console again, and recheck all I've done, including changing those OLD bulbs, and check connectors, grounds, look for corrrosion spots and ect, ect.

I'm assuming, these things worked before you took the console apart? If even if they did, you STILL need to do these above mentioned things. Good luck!!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hpaulb
I have the diagrams so I have the common points but they don't seem to indicate how it is run of somthing common between the dash and door switch connection.

Ya, I probable didn't notice a broken conection. Did fix one while assembling but what usually happens is another breaks while fitting it back together. Another on the list for winter think.
03 Altima Tin box
05 Pontiac Sunfire, 64 VW dirt buggy
Old 12-19-2006, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: