Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

S2 Headlight Problem!!!!!

Hi All,

HELP!!!!!!! I have a '91 S2 Cab and have got a strange problem with the nearside headlight - It is a euro car - The lights pop up and will work on main beam but on dipped beam there is nothing, I have tried changing bulbs and looking at fuses but these don't seem to be the problem!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the solution to this weird problem is???

Any help would be appreciated as the car is currently unavailable to drive at night and in the UK now it is dark alot of the time!!! Thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2007, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Light switch.

AFJ

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I wish I had a 1991 S2 with a headlight problem.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thekidd
had a problem with my 87 924S, low beams wouldnt work, only highs. I played with the wires ion the back of the fuse box a little, and vwa laa. thats my 2 cents
85.5 944 red- Pinta (past)
87 924S red- Nina (past)
Old 02-15-2007, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I had a problem with the nearside light pod on my cab last summer.
Basically the wiring to the lights were very tightly strapped down with cable ties around the back of the pod and the up and down movement had caused the wiring to crack right where the loom was held down too tightly.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

My problem was the high beam switch. I had no lights on low (dipped) beam, no fogs, but on high (main) beams I had light, and my fogs worked on parking lights. I pulled the turn signal/high/low beam switch and cleaned the assembly with electric contact cleaner (aerosol can) and put it back together and the lights worked again on low (dipped) beams.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Not Special

944cabby has an experience similar to my own...it ended up being the wires that plug into the light itself, the connectors were a little bit loose. Made sure they were fully seated, problem solved!

Former: 1985/1 Porsche 944 - Graphite/Black
Old 02-16-2007, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: