Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hot wiring window switches?

It's sunny out, took my sunroof off, started rolling down my windows -- CRAP! I forgot that I blew up some switches, I think?

I distinctly remembering finding out that one of these switches was dead, so I switched them a couple days ago. Needless to say I can't get the passenger window down.

I noticed a wiring diagram on the side of the switch, but I was always surfing porsche pics throughout my electronics class :surr:

Which pins do I need to jumper to get the window to roll down?
Roll up?

Thanks!
-poz

1986 944 turbo - For sale.
1987 944 N/A - For sale.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Oh boy! The window switch is a reversing switch. It reverses the polarity to the window regulator motor to change it's directions.

Soooo.... you need to have two wires; one from 12 volts and one from a ground (the door restraining strap works). Pull the switch out of the door and on the back of the plug pins 1 and 2 go to the window motor. Should be black and a black/white wire. I don't know if the pins are numbered. You may find one of the other pins hot with the key on. If so use it as your source of 12 volts.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

AHHHH -- This is why I couldn't figure it out.

So if I was to test the harness, I could just take the 12v to pin 1 and ground to pin 2, and that would roll the window up (or down)

12v to pin 2 and ground to pin 1 would do the reverse?

Interesting...

Holy ****, how do you know all this stuff?

I bow

-Alex

1986 944 turbo - For sale.
1987 944 N/A - For sale.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Gremlin85 Send a message via Yahoo to Gremlin85
He is GOD.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I've been a slave to my 83 since 1985. Basically beat up many more times than you have. One learns. Also being an automation engineer for over thirty years helps.

New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: