Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to neildeshpande
87 944 Injectors Won't Fire!

Gruppe:

The car has new coil, 2 DMEs I can try, new plugs, recently cleaned injectors, new wires, new dist cap and rotor, new fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines, etc., etc., and shows proper cranking and spark (slightly weak).

The rail has pressure and the pump runs, but the injectors won't fire.

Any ideas? Is this a harness issue? Must be, right? Thanks in advance.

Neil Deshpande
Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
That Guy

Garage
Are the speed and reference sensors gapped correctly?

With the ignition on (but car not running) check for voltage across the injector connector pins. This will atleast rule out a break in the injector wire harness.

Ive also heard of injectors seizing up on the inside when left unused. Might want to take one off and lay it on a bench. Run 12v intermittently across the pins and you should hear a audible click.

From the WitchHunter website..

"Don't let injectors dry out when that are out of the car. Store them in a plastic bag and keep them indoors. Be aware they they may stick closed after a time.

A 9 volt battery can be used to check for stuck injectors, listen for a click. Don't use the car's battery for testing, it can overheat the injector coil, (especially low impedance injectors). Just because an injector "clicks", it doesn't mean that it flows correctly, it just indicates it's not stuck.

If injectors are stuck after sitting for a short time, sometimes a "tap" with a small hammer on the metal body can free it. Don't break anything... I said "tap". If that doesn't work, send them to us. "
Past worth mentioning - 1987 924S, 1987 944, 1988 944T with 5.7L LS1

Last edited by Techno Duck; 05-10-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

All four of my injectors were siezed after about a year of sitting, and 12vs directly to them did the trick.
-and I did use the car batt. but with no problems (that I know of).
It would be interesting to test their spray patterns and flow rates, since I've heard even new OEM injectors can have a 10% discrepancy in flow between two injectors.
---ONLINE REP FOR RADMACHER PORSCHE SERVICE IN TUCSON---

Last edited by blk924s; 05-11-2007 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: