Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Tips for changing an ignition switch

Has anyone got any tips for changing the ignition switch on an S2?
I've just bought a new switch to fit to my cab as the old one has been playing up.
Is it best to try and replace it from underneath the dash or by removing the steering wheel/dash trim/clocks etc.
It seems to be an absolute pig of a job - i've tried this afternoon from under the dash but have struggled to locate the two screws/bolts securing the original switch.
Any tips chaps?

Old 05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

When I had to pull my instrument cluster I replaced the electrical portion on my switch. You can get at the (2) screws.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I took the seat out and replaced it from underneath. Disconnect the battery first.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Well, i'm going to have another go today but i'm going to remove the trim and instrument housing etc as suggested.Whilst i'm in there i'll replace the bulbs on the clocks too.
Looking at the PET cd the exploded diagram of the steering column/ignition housing looks straightforward but what is a "stipulated lock" - it lists two types - "with" or "without" stipulated locks - never heard of that.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: