Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Handbrake non existent?

I am moving across Canada, so I had my 944 picked up by a moving company last night, today I got a call and company leaves a message on my cell saying that by handbrake is broken and i have to pay extra $400 for shipping. By now I am furious as when they picked the car up everything was working and the driver of the truck used the handbrake when he drove the car onto the ramp. So I call back expecting to blow up at the company and have them pay that extra $400 along with repair bill for my handbrake. When I called, girl I spoke on the phone with said that my handbrake was nonexistent which completely threw me off, conversation went something like this:

Girl - Sir, your handbrake is non-existent.
Me - Are you sure about that?
Girl - Yes there is no handbrake, you will have to pay extra $400 for the car to be shipped the other way.
Me - Listen, my wife sometimes misplaces the handbrake, she might of left it on the left side last time she drove it
Girl - Ok let me check, almost one minute pause - Ohh we found it, thank you.

That was the end of our conversation - The company i used is well known and you would think they would actually look for a handbrake. Either way they made me laugh.
'05 Jeep Liberty
'98 Acura Integra
Old 06-01-2007, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MPitt
Haha, that's a funny story. Your reply was just classic.

How many other cars have handbrakes on the left? (Are there any?)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

it *is* kind of a goofy place to put it, but you're right.. it's not like it's hard to find.. you have to go over it to get in the car. lol

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

well its also funny because the driver of the truck knew where it was when he came over my place to pick it up. But i guess he neglected to tell everyone else.
'05 Jeep Liberty
'98 Acura Integra
Old 06-02-2007, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
What's even funnier is that they were going to charge you $400 - for what? You might want to deduct $400 for finding it for them....
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: