Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

who here has made their own 944 ignition wires?

i like making my own ignition wires. i made my on sets for my BMW 2002 and they were far superior to the generic ones you buy in a store. i am thinking of making a set for my 944, but i'm having troble finding suitable "boots".

the most i can find are the OEM ignition wire boots for the 944. are these the only ones available or are there high quality aftermarket alternatives as well?

thanks!

obin

Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Do a search for SoCal Driver, he made them. I remember he bought some portion of the wires from Kingston, or Kingley, or king something. Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bholmes
Let us know if you find anything out. I'd definately be interested if you have a solution!

'86 944 NA
'94 Jeep Cherokee 3" and 31's
'86 Chevy C10 425hp
'98 Dodge Neon (the wife)
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
You can check out Magnecor www.magnecor.com
They make competition wires for the 944 series, they say on their website:
"Any part of a Magnecor ignition wire can be purchased separately".

May be worth a shot.

rob
Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

Try:

www.kingsborne.com

Our cars use "M3" terminals crimped to the end of the wire. This terminal has a 3mm male thread on the end of it. The new wire simply screws into the connector (coil, cap or plug boot). The connectors are available in both resistive and non-resistive type. Factory wire sets have resistive connectors and wire conductors. Good aftermarket sets use non-resistive OEM (BERU) connectors with Magnecor resistor cable. Clewett Engineering makes this type, very reasonably priced and available from our host. In any event, use only OEM style connectors (boots) as anything else sucks.

Last edited by onZedge; 06-25-2007 at 03:23 PM..
Old 06-25-2007, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks for that info!

basically you're saying that you HAVE TO use the OEM connectors? afer that you can use regular resistor cable & "M3" terminals for a great combo?

i might just check that out and build a set soon.

thanks!

obin

Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: