Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

No wipers,Blower,Windows,Mirrors. HELP!

First off,...What a GREAT site!
I posted this question last night in the Porsche 944 Turbo and turbo S forum. Probably better asked in this forum.
I have a 86 944T that has sat for a few months. No mods,84,000 miles,starts and runs fine. I started the car yesterday (the first time in 3 months) and the wipers,blower fan,electric windows,electric mirrors ALL don't work. The window and wipers worked for about 2 minutes after I started the car (don't know about the blower and mirrors yet) All fuses are good. I figured it MUST be a common ground issue. I went searching and came up on the two ground points (mpII & mpIII ?) on the inside firewall just left of the steering column. I cleaned and sealed ( Worth contact SW and dielectric grease) both of them. Still no luck. As I went to start the car to move it, the wipers mover about 2 inches and the window worked for a few minutes and then went dead again. The blower and mirrors never "came back to life". As the car sits now, ALL the above mentioned systems are dead!
UMmm,.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance, Mike

BTW; I spent 2.5 hours searching last night and didn't come up with anything like this problem. I DID come up with a TON of cool information though! Thanks guys!

Last edited by stonebridge20; 10-19-2007 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Redline Racer

I guess you could use a voltmeter to see if consisten power is getting to them, or if it is an internal failiure. Also, are your fuses the newer spade type or the old bullet type? If it's the older ones, check that the fuses are making good contact in the fuse block, as I had one that was pretty flakey if touched, and had to have the contacts "scrubbed in" so to speak.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Paul_Heery Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_Heery
Mike,

Are you in Bethel?

If you've already checked the ground points, I'd go through and check all of the connections in the power box.

Paul
Old 10-20-2007, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey Paul. Long time no see. Are you off the VW's and on to Porsches? If you want to polish your electrical contact cleaning skills,.....I got the car for you! This thing is killin me!

See ya, Mike
Old 10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I posted a suggestion in your other thread.
2007 Lexus IS250
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have this problem with my S2 and its the ignition switch at fault .If i turn the key a couple of mm back once the engine is running they kick in to life

mark

Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: