Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Air Intake

I have had this '86 944 NA now for about 2 years. I always felt it handled great but have been disappointed with the lack of power. I knew this was not a turbo but I was expecting something better then a delivery truck. I checked/replaced all the tune-up stuff on the typical list with little improvement to power or gas millage which was in the low 20's. After reading this and other boards the last thing on my list of possible problems was the mass flow air sensor. I finally ordered a rebuilt one from our friends at Pelican and installed it tonight, which takes about 20 minutes in the dark if you have a flexible drive socket.

I noticed the difference before I got out of the drive way. I took a spin around the lake. Winds right up to 6000 rpm without hesitation and a huge improvement in the horsepower dept. Finally after 2 years of disappointement it is starting to feel like a sports car. Now I can justify the shocks and tires it needs. For now it will do until I park it for the winter. Can't wait for the ride to work tomorrow!

Thanks to all those who's post helped me finally track this gremlin down.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: