Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Airflow meter potentometer

Anybody know what the hard grey stuff actually is? you know the stuff that wears

Is it possible to recoat it with something? it looks sprayed on

Thanks Mark

Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
I assume you are referring to the wiper pickup contact surface. If so it is a similiar material to a credit card magnetic strip. No there is no repair to my knowledge other than a new board. Having said that if the strip has deep grooves or chips you can move the wiper pickups to a new track. See www.clarks-garage.com and in the manual there is a section on the AFM and how to reset the contacts.

Dal
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yeh iv seen that ,but the S2 has a 3 "nipple " wiper and doesnt leave much room for any adjusment

I just wondered what the stuff actualy is and whether u could buy it in an aerosol can

Mark
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

I see. But I did inquire with Bosch to see if I could buy a replacement board and in a very short and sweet manner they told me it is not going to happen, and to buy a new meter.

Dal
Old 11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Suprise suprise ! even if they charged 80 for a board it seems its the only bit that wears its stil a lot cheper than buying a complete new meter and much better than buying a seconhand one which could be no better than what u already have

Mark
Old 11-16-2007, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

They do not even carry replacement parts for the meters and Porsche has a tight grip on the vendors they use. Everything Porsche is "top secret"!!

There are rebuilt units available through Paragon, not sure about here at Pelican and they are less money.

Dal
Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I followed Clark's Garage testing procedure. I tried changing tracks with little improvement. I installed a rebuilt one for by 86 944 from Pelican. It was well worth the money!
Old 11-17-2007, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Good deal so Pelican does have the rebuilt units, was not sure. Only problem is he is in the UK.

Dal

Old 11-17-2007, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: