Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My old 944(CARNAGE iNSIDE)

Whats going on guys...If anyone remembers me,I sold my 944 last year to a couple that had a son that just graduated HS and wanted my car bad..I was hesitant to sell it as I spent a ton of time and money going through the car over the course of a few years getting it back to its former glory..After the car was finished,it looked and performed flawlessly...Anyway,,I decided to sell them the car as I had a new project on hold,,and they made me a very good offer on it..Long story short,,My brother in law works with the kid that got the car..These pics came through last night as a result of a DWI..Congrats kid..Hope you learned your lesson...

From this---

To this--

Poor thing...I feel like I abandoned her as she is sitting there in the police salvage yard all alone...
Old 06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Will work for parts

Send a message via AIM to 944 boy
That sucks! More reasons why drinking and driving is a bad idea.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Trying to work for parts!

Send a message via Yahoo to hpservertech
Go and ask them if you can buy it back. Then part it out.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
My 944 scares adults

Garage
Send a message via AIM to lovemy924S
where is this kid so i can kick his ass? punk.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
1 - I hope nobody was hurt.
2 - He shouldn't be allowed to drive for a long, long time.
3 - Definitely buy the car back; the Fuchs alone will more than cover the cost of the buyback
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 06-21-2008, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Luckily,,he wasnt hurt..Just a bit shaken up...My brother inlaw had the car up on the lift last night..There is tons of undercarriage damage,and also door and 1/4 damage not seen in the pic...It could be repaired,,but would far exceed the value of the car...The top pic is one of the last pics I took before selling the car..Its hard to see the car in its current shape after all the time and bleeding knuckles that went into it..However,,Im glad the kid didnt get hurt or hurt anyone else..It sucks that such a nice 944 was wrecked..But the truth is if the kid was dumb enough to drink and drive in this car,,he'd be dumb enough to do it in a Yugo..He's now out 6k..Hopefully lesson learned...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
I say buy it and part it out, LEt the car live on in other peoples cars
Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
944paige

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 911paige
i've learned my lesson too i will not sell a car to anyone younger than 30 years old no matter what they offer me ....the problem with these cars a lot of young kids want them ....they think they can treat them like honda's and of course you can't put drinking and driving together .....
Old 06-22-2008, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Trying to work for parts!

Send a message via Yahoo to hpservertech
I'm the same way actually. Was thinking about selling mine last year. Kid pulled up in the driveway, garage door was open. I saw him walking up the driveway after hearing his rice burner. Came out, closed the garage door and told him I wouldn't sell thim the car before he could say a word. He didn't know what to say Was priceless seing his reaction.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Hey I take offense to those comments. The 944 was my first car and I have cared for it more than some 40 yr olds I have seen. I have babied this car the whole way and very rarely speed. I am about to get back from the bodyshop b/c some jerk wasnt paying attention and hit it in a parking lot. I did all the tear down work myself and will put it all back together myself.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
Hey I take offense to those comments. The 944 was my first car and I have cared for it more than some 40 yr olds I have seen. I have babied this car the whole way and very rarely speed. I am about to get back from the bodyshop b/c some jerk wasnt paying attention and hit it in a parking lot. I did all the tear down work myself and will put it all back together myself.
Yeah, I second this. The people I bought my car from treated it like crap, and I've had to build it up again from what it was. I'm pretty proud that it is my second car, and I haven't done anything stupid in it. (Besides the local twisties)

I know there are the "dumb teenagers" that roam the streets, but there is a difference in the the responsible ones. I think that you have to know them first before you sell it to them yes, and make sure they are responsible. But discriminating against every person under 30 is a little rough don't you think...

And I am sorry to hear about your loss mark, it sucks to have to see your hard work just wasted like that.

87 944s parts car (sold)

92 Ranger Lifted
Old 06-22-2008, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Will work for parts

Send a message via AIM to 944 boy
I got my 944 when I was 16, doesn't mean I would sell a nice car to a 16 yr. old. On the other hand, my friend sold his 944 (nice looking but mechanical time-bomb) to an older middle aged guy. A month later the car was wrecked in a ditch. So it's not only young kids you have to worry about, anyone is capable of destroying a nice car.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

That's a real shame about your car. Have to agree about some teenage drivers. I don't particularly like the Honda rice-burner sideways-drifting attitudes I see in younger generation drivers. When I meet a young (or older) driver with an appreciation for quality sports cars, it almost makes me forget about the others. Until I pull up to the next stoplight and have to listen to car stereos with more horsepower than their engines.

I hope that you'll buy back the body of your former lover and salvage what you can before giving the rest a proper burial. Too bad you can't ship a block of compressed steel back to Germany for reincarnation.

Let's also hope that the young driver is less an idiot for the experience.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
1987 Porsche 944 2.7 L

Man, that sucks. It kills to see the before and after pics. Buy it back and maybe if you get a 944 in the future you could use its parts for it.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911paige View Post
i've learned my lesson too i will not sell a car to anyone younger than 30 years old no matter what they offer me ....the problem with these cars a lot of young kids want them ....they think they can treat them like honda's.
i was 15 when i got my 944. treated it really well. but then again i realy like my car..

IRR... What IRR!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
I wouldn't say that I take offense to the comments, but I, like several here, was one of the exceptions. I took meticulous care of my white 944, which I bought when I was 19, and take meticulous care of my 951, which I bought a year ago (27 years old now). The only Porsche fender-bender occurred when I was driving my white 944 home early one morning and hydroplaned at about 35mph.

BUT, and it's a big but, most young people would not properly respect these cars. They would get beaten on, driven into the ground, improperly maintained...
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Back in my Detroit days I build an 82 Z28, complete with Pontiac LT350 under the hood. This car was stupid fast. I sold it to a used car lot who in turn sold it to a 16 year old. The last time I saw my car was with both halves on one rollback.
Not all kids are road hazzards but there is no substitute for time behind the wheel, and add booze to the equasion.......................................... ........Never a good outcome..
Sorry for you mental loss Mark, I know your pain.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Although he was told it was totaled,,he had it looked at by a reputable bodyshop and was quoted 11k to fix the car..Thats with the bodyshop supplying the parts..They gave him the option of supplying his own parts and quoted him 8K that way..That includes a total repaint..The car has some frame damage and 1/4 damage not shown in the pic..Either way,,he cant afford to fix it.Even if he could,, I know that would be stupid as that kind of coin can put you in a nice 951..Anyway,,the car has has alot of goodies on it and Im gonna try and talk him into recooping some of his losses by parting it out..If he agrees,,I'll send him here...
Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: