Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
One apex at a time

Garage
Porsche 924s sequential tail lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odu2JNn56AY

For some reason I really like this. Is it anyone here? I goes against everything I do to my car trying to make it faster Handel better but this mod I like! Anyone have the plans to do this or know f there is a kit out there to do this?

I had a 1965 T bird years ago that had taillights like this. I always really liked it. On the 924/944 it looks great. I want this!!!!

Some body help me!!!

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s
Old 12-20-2008, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Will work for parts

Send a message via AIM to 944 boy
The clicking makes me thing he used relays. When i was searching for inspiration on how to make a sequential LED device I found many good posts about making tail lights. If you were going to do this I would suggest using LED bulbs just for the sake of it and current draw.

A counter, few transistors with a reset. Probably about a buck in parts + bulbs. Google 'sequential tail lights' and find a 100 ways to do it. If I am stuck at the airport tomorrow I might get bored enough to mock up a design.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

He states it a microcontroller and relays. There are six bulbs there to control flashing so that's 6 relays, you would just need a microcontroler capable of putting out six 5 volt high/low signals to put into a relay board that switches 12v power to the bulbs. Microcontrollers like the Arduino can do this. You program code to upload to it that would specify blink frequency and use inputs on the board from the stock blinker wiring to start/stop the sequence.

Now that's said... I think it looks like something you would see on a city bus, or an amusement park ride... not for me.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
One apex at a time

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
Now that's said... I think it looks like something you would see on a city bus, or an amusement park ride... not for me.
I think my age is showing here. When we first saw the 60's T Bird do that we thought it was the absolutely coolest thing. How time files

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s
Old 12-21-2008, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean924s View Post
I think my age is showing here. When we first saw the 60's T Bird do that we thought it was the absolutely coolest thing. How time files
I think that it looks a lot better on the T-Bird and the Mustang than it does on the 924/944. I also have always preferred an amber signal in the rear and tend not to like the conversions to red rear turn signals.
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: