Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bennington Motorsports: New 2009 Sponsor of Midwest 944 Spec Series!

Nick Miller, owner of Bennington Motorsoprts, is coming online to support, and race with NASA Midwest's 944 Spec series. Nick has owned and been involved with 944's for many years, starting in his 20's, and continuing on through the present, with a successful shop in Indiana specializing in Porsche 944's. Not only is Nick building his own 944 Spec car that he will compete in (see his build page here: http://www.benms.com/racing.html ), but Nick is offering discounted services to 944 Spec racers, and will contribute a portion of the proceeds from these services to supporting the 944 Spec series.
Nick will also be inviting 944 Spec racers to his annual 944 gathering at his shop (see the story here: http://www.benms.com/pgtg.html). Nick has been an avid supporter of the 944 Community for many years - many of you may recognize his screen name "Many944s" from the Pelican Parts forums, where he is a frequent contributor. Here are two example of his service & good willed nature: Nick keeps a stock of very affordable, rebuilt heads available to the online 944 community, and has been known to loan out a $600 belt tensioning tool fellow 944 enthusiasts across the country. Nick is now expanding that friendly, easy going support to the 944 Spec community. Here, he is starting with an offer of a $2,800 complete motor rebuild, down to the rings, rollers, and bearings, including over 40 all new parts, even a new clutch disk! This is a large savings over other options we've had in the past, for work with a long history of quality! Welcome to Bennington Motorsports, and thanks!

Nick joins our other new Sponsor for 2009: MotoDelta Motorsports.
Many of you know owner Chris Streit from these forums, who campains a decidedly vintage 911 in NASA's GTS Chanllenge series. Chris is putting together a package of Spec Suspension parts for us 944 Spec racers, and has many other race-related and safety items on his website: www.MotoDelta.com

Ekquist Racing Trailers, CDOC & Toyo return as ongoing series sponsors. Please support them as well - they've all done a lot to help keep us all racing, and not completely broke or divorced .

This continues 944 Spec's tradition of budget-friendly, well supported, and friendly yet competitive racing.

2015 NASA Eastern Champs 2nd place in ST2 "Franken44"
Old 12-21-2008, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
meister member

Garage
Nick is a great guy and I have had the pleasure of being invited to his timing belt tensioning parties in the past. Nick has always been a gracious host and I always look forward to seeing him. Way to go Nick!

Speedy
Favorite Road = www.tailofthedragon.com 318 turns in 11 miles (11 min 20 sec best run)
Old 12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
1988 944

Garage
Nick,

Save me a spot for a rebuild for my '88!

I'm traveling tomorrow but I will be in touch in the next day or so.

Joe Mama
Old 12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Greasy Member

Thanks for the announcement Eric!
I'm looking forward to a great relationship with the series. I had a slight setback several months back when I had someone working for me, but that issue has been resolved and the shop is back on track!

Speedy- Thanks for the vote of of confidence, I hope your keeping warm up your way, it was a whopping 1 degree here yesterday (-22 F with wind chill)

Joe Mama- Not a problem, I have you penciled down on the calender, as soon as you find a core, we'll change ti to pen and get you taken care of!

-Nick

-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: