Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

AC Condenser and Electrical Gremlins

Hello all, I don't use my air conditioning nor do I plan on doing so. My AC condenser is trashed from a previous mishap concerning my car an a center island. Just finished putting the car back together and I'm not putting back the condenser. Will it affect me just using the air or the heater? Can I cover up the hoses or will that affect blowing air into the car? Also my wipers still keep coming on randomly whenever my headlights are up. I've resorted to removing the fuse at night if it's not raining. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

"If you make the same mistake twice, doesn't that make a total of three mistakes?"
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bump

"If you make the same mistake twice, doesn't that make a total of three mistakes?"
Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

The condenser being removed will show a net loss in radiator temps. There are no adverse affects if you don't need the a/c, unless you need card board to get the heater going.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Overseas

It will have absolutely no effect, no card board will be needed, the cooler will work just fine.
Just plug the A/C hoses well, so that no water gets inside.
BTW, what kind of car is this? As if it's an early one, and you'd consider taking out the A/C inside uint and the hoses, I'd be interesed in buying them. If it's a lte 944, maybe then too
Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: