Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Car wont start

Yesterday I put in a new chip into the computer on my late 85 944 n now it wont start I switched to the old chip still nothing, and back to the new chip and still nothing.. it cranks but just wont start... Fried computer?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Razorback1980
Start with the basics....Takes four things to make an engine run. Spark, fuel, compression and timing. Compression and timing probably didn't change so start with spark and fuel. If no spark, then there is a checklist to go through. Can you hear the fuel pump run by the back tire when you first turn the key on? That's a good indication that you are getting fuel. Tell us which piece you are missing and we'll help you figure out a diagnostic path to follow.

1990 944S2 Cabriolet
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2003 Maroon Ford F350 dually
Old 06-30-2009, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick reply but I figured that I fried the ECU since after I put the new SH$$ chip in it would not start even after switching chips it still wouldn't start. but luckily a kid I went to school with has a 944 88' and another 88' 944 that he totaled which sits in his garage so I called him up this morning n he hooked me up with his old ECU from the totalled car for $70 I put the new ECU in excluding the new performance chip and let it crank for a min and a half and it was struggling at first but then it finally caught on at low rpms and slowly warmed up to idle speed.. the car actually starts after the first crank now with the new ECU. I am so relieved though that I got it started so quickly gahhhh.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: