Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Water pump

I am getting ready to change out the water pump on my 86 and when I bought the new pump the parts store asked if the one on the car had a belt guard or not. I have not gotten into the work yet and wanted to know how much of a pain in the butt this is before I begin, the HAYNES manual doesn't really go into much detail.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Icey1174
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/cool-07.htm

Read the WHOLE site when you get a chance! www.clarks-garage.com

I posted a recent thread about the tensioning of the timing belts. A lot of us do not use the tensioning tool, we tension by hand.

If you can turn a wrench and follow directions EXACTLY then you will be fine.

Welcome to the forum!
'03 S-Type Jag 3.0
'03 Taurus SES
'06 Eddie Bauer Explorer

RIP SoCal
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Redline Racer

definietly read clarks garage.

I also outlined my tried and true favorite tensioning technique assembled from all the good info I've seen on the board, plus personal experience.
Alternative to flywheel lock during timing belt install toward the bottom of the page.
1987 silver 924S 210k mi! - Rebuilt motor survived 60K so far. Bottom end balanced, Custom mild ported head, Port matched intake, LR 944MAX chip, Thush Welded muffler, Bilstein shocks, MSD Blaster 2 coil, ect ect...Needs 8 more valves!
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7 V6 24V DOHC- New toy/backup plan...Borla cat back, Injen intake. Needs headers and a real set of cams.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Proprietoristicly Refined

Also read;
www.arnnworx.com PROJECTS

John_AZ
Old 08-21-2009, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: