Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

For Mitsumark

Finally have a few pictures for you Mark. (For those who do not know the situation.. So long my love-- and My old 944(CARNAGE iNSIDE) [If you don't want to read those, a quick summary is that Mark hesitantly sold his 944 and within 4 months, the car was wrecked in a drunken accident.]. I purchased the car from this person, and began restoration. While browsing the forums one day, I came across a picture posted by Mark with the caption "in heaven now." The car resembled what my purchase should have looked like at some point. I did a background check and found this was indeed the same car. Small world, ayy?) Anyway, the weather hasn't been cooperating and every time I try to give her a nice wash and wax, the rain picks up. I didn't want to keep Mark waiting even longer, and actually found enough time between rain showers to take these, hence the water drops. I'm hoping to wet sand it sometime this week. I'll put up more pictures when I can, and I'm looking for more pre- and mid- fix up pictures as well.

From this -

to this -

to this -

Here you can see the hood scoop has been removed. I thought about keeping and repainting it with the car when the time came, but I ended up opting to use an entirely different hood because it was just easier.

Installed a turbo front, which I saw you had intended to, or at least put some
thought into putting on at some point.

There are still a few minor things to take car of, as well as some improvements I'd like to make in time, but as of now, the car is working towards being restored to its previous glory. Oh and also Mark, I would love to know about the mechanical goodies you mentioned previously. Alright thanks everyone and I'll keep updates posted.

-Nino
Old 08-29-2009, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I should add that practically all work on this car has been by myself (20 year old college student) and my father.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Nino--You dont know how happy I am to see these pics..It looks like you've done a great job with the ressurection..I took a look at the car in the pound and it looked like there was quite a bit of damage in the radiator support and strut tower area..Enough damage to easily be a total..How was the front suspension?Any major damage?It looked as if it could of had atleast a bent control arm...Anyway,,as stated before--there is alot you should know about the car..In July 2007 it went through an entire timing belt maintanance service including all belts, rollers,and seals..A new updated turbo waterpump and complete oil cooler rebuild was also done at the same time..Once the motor was back together it got 4 new Bosch Platinums,Magnecore wires,cap&rotor,fuel filter,and a throttle cam...Sometime in early 07 the car went through a complete front end suspension rebuild that included new front shocks with Weltmeister lowering springs,and every bushing replaced...Some of the stuff you may want to know about is it is running a Bursch test pipe(no cat),,and an AC delete bracket was also installed...I had a stack of paperwork that went with the car when I sold it...Keep me updated and if there is anything you need to know,,feel free to ask..A few more shots of her in my possession.

Last edited by mitsumark; 08-29-2009 at 03:03 PM..
Old 08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: