Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

S2 intake on the S? Anyone done it?

I have searched both here and Renny...I've seen old threads where guys claim its a good idea. But I havn't found anyone who has done it, and has results to share.

Anyone?
Magnaflow 2 1/2" exhaust with K & N 4 inch custom intake
MaxHP chipped
Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The extent of my research on that was that the intake manifold gasket for both cars is the same part number so it shouyld match up right. Interesting idea as some people say the S2 manifold is superior. I don't know how bad the S one really is, it's just so weird with all the looping around and such.
If I had more time and money I'd really love to design and manufacture a good on for the S and see what happens. Something like Milledge or Raetech does.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rick, can you point me to any specific prior posts on this? I'm interested, too, and I just sold my old head to a guy on here who is planning a really interesting set of S upgrades, so he may want to read about it, too!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I searched here and Renny and read them...a few were talking, but you know how that goes.

If the gaskets are the same, it will bolt on.

You'd need to cap off the coolant "nozzle" since our cars don't run coolant thru the intake.

Perhaps an S2 throttle cable would be prudent.

Otherwise, it should provide better airflow at least, eliminating that funny "S" snorkel thing we have now.

C'mon S owners...anyone??
Magnaflow 2 1/2" exhaust with K & N 4 inch custom intake
MaxHP chipped
Old 09-26-2009, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

To join the chorus of guys who are really interested in this, but don't have any info... I'd also love to find someone who's done this/written about it.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: