Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to thekidd
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! 1984 944 runs!

Thats right. She runs, and I even shut her down, and re-started her a few times (F-that hot start problem). I ran (idle) for 20-30 mins, and took her for a 5 mile run around the block.
Thanks you for those who have been so much help. I have posted many times about a no start, then a hot start, then back to no start problems. Im sorry for posting so many times about the same thing, but wanted help. And ya know what, I got it, plenty of help from many friends. Thanks.
Now, to actually have fun with her instead of nightmares, frustration, horror, curses, questions from neighbors "is it running yet?" and im saving money from not buying beer every time I work on the car. I bet I will miss the beer part, but wont miss working on my car and not knowing what I'm fixing or where to look. Back to fixing, re-filling fluids, washing/wax/polishing a running car, and smiling everytime I look outside. Thank you guys. Next- a long awaited T-belt job and evrything that goes with it. Im so excited to drive her. Cant wait to get my paychecks so I can insure, register her,order parts, oil change and then finally get back to doing the speed limit again.

85.5 944 red- Pinta (past)
87 924S red- Nina (past)
Old 11-28-2009, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi, I am happy you got your car running. What was it that finally did the trick?

Cheers,
Larry
Old 11-28-2009, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to thekidd
I got new sensors earlier this week, and had trouble getting the right spacing. Well, the other day I thought I had the right gapping for the speed sensor, so I let them be. Today I took out a starter (a smaller ?late? style starter) that I bought used about a month ago, and replaced it with the one I bought last year, (larger ?early style? starter), also used. I bench tested the larger one in Sept. and they told me it was bad. I bought the smaller and installed it. Today I took out the small starter, battery, and had them bench tested. Something was wrong with the battery charger at Pep Boys, and they tested the small starter and said it was bad. The gear wouldnt even move or budge. I took the larger starter to another place to have it tested even though I knew it was bad. The large started tested good!?! I went home and relaxed watching the Flyers, and lubed the small starter up and broke the rusted gear loose with some oil. At 10PM went out and installed the larger starter, and put in the battery. She cranked, but sounded as if the battery was week. Jumped it with my other car. She sarted right up first try. But to answer your question, I think it was the starter, but the sensors did need replacing. This was an ongoing thing since January. Had it running with a hot start problem for sometime, then I stripped a sensor bracket bolt, and didnt know what to do (screwed up gapping and bracket- ended up drilling through the engine side to get bolt out. I will try the other starter tomorrow and see if it will work since I broke free the starters gear shaft. Thanks for the help and intrest Grandpa#3.
85.5 944 red- Pinta (past)
87 924S red- Nina (past)

Last edited by thekidd; 11-28-2009 at 09:44 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Automotive Necromancer

Send a message via Skype™ to SolReaver
IT Lives!

Congrats Kid! you rock! two happys and a cool.

(The big grin is you)
There may be nothing quite as expensive as a cheap Porsche: Ruby Red 84 928S : White 87 924s 2.5L NA (Blinky) M44/07-43H10676 spoiler delete - 046/2B - Belts 9/12, Clutch and OC seals 8/08 andd Red 94 Del Sol: Please put your Make, Model and Year in Sig. Try not to break more than you fix.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Happy---Happy for you good cruising
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
One apex at a time

Garage
Way to GO!!!!!!! Great to here a success story

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s
Old 11-29-2009, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
your average wrencher...

Garage
a little hard works pays off...glad to hear its running!
1988 XJ 5in lift,long arms, 4.6 stroker, ax-15 w/ 35s
1995.5 Audi S6 Full RS2 bolt-ons, EFI tuned.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Great! Congrats on a job well done!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: