Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Is this the oil relief valve?

I can't tell exactly what this is from the PET, oil pressure relief valve? It's leaking oil.

Last edited by marko; 02-07-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Proprietoristicly Refined

Without getting under my car, you are pointing to an oil plug-part 37. You should just need an aluminum crush washer M18x24 to seal the drip.

Get another for the oil pressure sender-part 30. Clarks says it is an M18x24 crush washer. I use all aluminum crush washers.

Get a third for the OPRV valve-part 31. Crush washer M20x24, The OPRV valve head is 24mm opposite your arrow.

If you take off the oil pressure sender, take care with the terminals. They are hollow and will snap/break easy!, Do not reverse the wires. If you do the oil pressure guage will peg to 5 with the key in.

GL
John_AZ
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Oh good, that sounds pretty easy. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Redline Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_AZ View Post
Do not reverse the wires. If you do the oil pressure guage will peg to 5 with the key in.
Interesting. I had the wires reversed when I got my motor back together and the guage didn't peg with the key in and the motor off, but would instantly peg as soon as it got oil pressure. It would peg with only the key on if they were disconnected altogether. It must have been the low pressure switch for the idiot light messing with it.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: