Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
944S2 Window regulator install

I have installed a new window regulator in the driver side door of my S2. The window is all the way up and seems to be in it's track. When I lower the window with power at about 3 inches down the studs/wheels of the regulator move to far to the left and will come out of the window stud channels. I cannot see any adjustment to the regulator that will move the studs forward so they won't reach the end and come out on the way down. I have realigned the minor adjustments on the third arm channel and can't see a way to rotate the regulator. I also had the problem with the original regulator after I replaced a stud wheel. I thought maybe the reg arms got bent with some binding after loosing the wheel so I replaced it with a used one that looks and operates like new. Thanks..

Old 08-26-2010, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
There is not any adjustment in that area - but it does sound like the window glass is not in the bottom holder track correctly (The bottom of the window glass sits in a "U" channel on the glass's bottom side - make sure that the glass is mounted in this track correctly).
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks coke kidd. The window is sitting in the two U shaped channels that hold the brackets that hold the reg wheels. However if those slide that would fix the problem by moving both channels to the left. I did not take the window out when replacing reg, just taped it in place. So maybe I would seen they moved..which would explain what has happened. Nice!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
And now that i have the window out i see its one U shaped channel not two and i shoud be able to fix it. Thanks again.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 , regulator , window