Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Speedforce Supercharger - Anyone buying one?

Well..........its January.... about -2 celcius, warm for this time of year......got my car parked..........

I have about 4 months before spring, I have my caliper conversion on the way... I have a new clutch ready to slap in.........................and now..................the question for everyone............

Do I buy the supercharger? Looking for a little more pep out of my car.........money is not the issue.........I love my little car and its a hobby more than anything............( uhmmmm on a side note......I wonder if we could do a volume purchase on the S.C kits from them???????)

I have been watching the board for a long time........I have seen scotts tribulations with his superchargerl.........and also met marksports (turbo charged N/A) <----bloody fast

Up in canada we don't have the option of going around the corner and picking up a 951 .............we are lucky if one is available all year long..........(on a side note there is one on sale right now for 15,000 canadian (10 u.s).... with a replaced motor (the old motor died)............a little to high if you ask me....

ANyways........ the pictures on the site (speedforce) are sure.........sweeeeeeettt

Stage 1 ..........2 ......or 3............uhmmmmm choices!!!!!

So do I get one ...or not? and if so .........what stage???.............and if someone has beaten me to buying one.............How is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure it has crossed many individuals minds? maybe the price is a deterrent for some.........I know a while back, a number of people felt that about 3,000 would be reasonable??? So lets here it...... maybe the price point is too high if no one has bought one??? what is keeping you from buying one???

Here is a pic of my car. I think it looks like it could go faster.................I just want to be able to beat my wifes minivan ONCE of the line before I die..............

www.edmontonrealestate.ws

Last edited by ae1969; 01-19-2002 at 05:57 PM..
Old 01-19-2002, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

We have sold a few of them, I saved a post from one of our customers that wrote the rnnlist, its also posted on this board under another tyread about or SC kits.

Yes, the kits are fast, and we have taken every precaution to eliminate the shortcomings of this type of HP booster. Completely prgammable fuel management comes on all the kits we sell, injectors and intercooler come on the advanced kits...and the very best kit includes a piston swap to 951 pistons (done at our shop only).

At this time we have a customer that is doing the level four kit, his car is in the shop and will be completed in a week or so. We do have the dyno sheets up for the level one and two kits.

THe level one is non intercooled and put 180 to the wheels from a stock block and head.

THe level two is intercooled and put 222 at the wheels on a stock block and head!

This is the post from the happy customer of our level two kit.

" After seeing the almost finished photos of my car on SpeedForce's WEB
site and then seeing the dyno charts, John and Tim kept saying "you HAVE
to drive it to believe", I said why don't I fly down for a couple hours
and do just that! As crazy as it may sound I flew from San Francisco to
San Diego for the afternoon to simply drive my car. When John picked me
up at the airport the perma grin started! The sound this thing makes is
simply music to my ears, very intimidating to say the least. Once I got
behind the wheel and got on the I 5 Freeway North I dropped the
accelerator and literally tore up the on ramp. John looks over and says
"she definitely gets out of her own way doesn't she" Oh man! This car, at
a little over two hundred rear wheel HP feels like a V8. I have driven
Victor Aranda's (formerly Tony Garcia's) 86 951 many many times. This car
produces over 325-rear wheel HP. I called Vic and told him he better by a
bigger turbo because I'll be all over him!

In all seriousness I want to say that I am EXTREMELY impressed so far.
John and Tim have been great to work with and have exceeded my
expectations. The cost is not cheap but this is the best thing I have
done so far. After originally going with a HR stage two MAF (which after
dynoing here up north) makes exactly the advertised HP, and several other
modifications, I wanted to take it further. This was the only choice. I
know the turbo members are saying for what I spent I could have got a
nasty turbo and possibly more, but I like my NA, it is very clean, fun to
drive and now a one of a kind. I am happy with my decisions.

I read Doug Donsbach's earlier post today regarding the strength of the NA
tranny, I feel that with this power and the power we will see when we drop
in the turbo pistons and run 17 PSI that a turbo tranny will be a must.
Definitely I will be replacing the clutch when she comes home. I have a
brand new Sach's spring centered clutch now that is slipping like mad
going between hard, high boost shifts (3rd to 4th). If anyone has a good
condition 951 trans for sale please email me off list at
scottmyl@attbi.com .

Overall I would like to say thanks to John and Tim and Speed Force Racing
for an impressive job. Any NA folks who want to be different and unique
this is the way to go. I know those guys are going to be swamped for a
while so be patient! Please note the usual disclaimers apply. I am just
a happy customer who is not receiving anything for this post. Please feel
free to email me with any questions.

Thanks,
Scott Mylius
85.5 944 SC
scottmyl@attbi.com"

Hope this helps!
www.speedforceracing.com
619 507 9300
Old 01-19-2002, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
I really would like one and wouls seriously probably get one this summer if the price was a more realistic one like 2999 or It wiould be without question if it was 1999.....but at 3999 It is better for me to wait for a 968
Old 01-20-2002, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

THe price may not fit your budget, but it is a fair price for a quality kit. Heck you can't even buy the SC core unit for 1999.00 let alone the electronics, stainless pl;umbing...and that purocil hose can go for nearly 5.00 an inch!! So, we did our best at keeping the cost as fair as possible. Maybe down the road we will get a break on the SC kits, we are working towards it, and when we have finally bought a good quantity of the SC units, we will pass the price decrease along to you guys.

Take Care!
www.speedforceracing.com
619 507 9300
Old 01-20-2002, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
John,

Thanks for all the information. I have followed all your threads, and your website. I must say, the kit looks top notch.

I am leaning towards the stage 2 kit.......... I drive my car on a daily basis for about 4-6 months out of the year.

So driveability is an issue for me. Not having driven a Supercharged 944, I am curious about the driveability of any of the kits...........

1. In my mind a modest increase in power will suffice for my needs (for now). Is their a big difference between kit 2 and 3? In regards to driveability? (I know its a subjective question, but your impressions would be appreciated)

2. I am changing my clutch this month? What would you recommend for these kits? Spring centered? Rubber? another tranny altogether?

Thanks again,

Alex Espinoza

P.S. If the canadian dollar would stop sliding against the U.S dollar, I would buy a stage 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 01-20-2002, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Each kit drives as smooth as stock. We have mofified the intake track to virtually eliminate any kind of metering issues with the incoming air. It does drive and idle as smooth as stock. There is quite a air sucking noise but you get used to that noise along with the SC high pitched whine. Its been described as standing behind a leer jet. No one has said anything but how awsome the kit sounds.

The stage HP levels between Level II and Level III are huge. The Level II will put down about 230HP to the rear tires (safely) and the Level III is playing with the modified 951 crowd in the mid 300's.

If your changing your clutch, go with at least a CUP clutch package. A brand new Spring centered stock clutch is slipping between high boost shifts in Scott's car.

Take Care!
www.speedforceracing.com
619 507 9300
Old 01-20-2002, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: