Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel Pump Relay "Emergency" Bypass

I had to do the paperclip bypass (clarks-garage) to get the car started today. I am going to have the new DME Fuel Pump Relay overnighted but need to use the car to get to work (to get the part). As long as the relay gets removed when I turn the car off, does anyone see a problem using it for 3, 8-mile trips to my office until the new relay comes in?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Redline Racer

No. Just don't get in some major accident, or it will probably be one of those really awesome "goes up in a fiery ball of destruction" kind of jobs in the action movies. Not exactly, but it's a safety feature that stops the fuel pump if the engine stops.
The fun of daily drivers! It won't be as bad as me driving around for three days with my throttle body zip tied onto the intake manifold until I could get time to buy new bolts to replace the ones I lost.
1987 silver 924S 210k mi! - Rebuilt motor survived 60K so far. Bottom end balanced, Custom mild ported head, Port matched intake, LR 944MAX chip, Thush Welded muffler, Bilstein shocks, MSD Blaster 2 coil, ect ect...Needs 8 more valves!
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7 V6 24V DOHC- New toy/backup plan...Borla cat back, Injen intake. Needs headers and a real set of cams.

Last edited by HondaDustR; 11-07-2010 at 07:32 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You should be OK with the bypass. No worries.
If you do get in a crash, remember to turn the key off and all is normal..ie pump shuts off.
Save your receite. Have also seen where the wire harness socket is the problem.
1987 924S with 968 Drive front to back, Bilstein Insert on mod/stock Struts, 450# Hypercoils, 28mm Torsion Bars, Weltmeister Adjustable Sway Bars, Lindsey 968 Light flywheel, Spec Stage II Clutch, ToYO RA1's, Auto Power Cage & 6 pt Harness, KLA Strut Brace, Greasy hands, heavy foot, and lots of smiles
Old 11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Awesome stuff there for a Monday morning. Thanks. I'll try to keep away from the accidents.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: