Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Angry Rear lights won't turn off

Help! My taillights and rear side marker lights won't turn off. One of my brake lights wasn't working, so I decided to replace all of the lights in my rear light assemblies (reverse, blinker, brake and taillights). Now my tail lights and rear side marker lights won't turn off.

What happened? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Are they lit on both sides? Did you make certain you installed the correct bulbs? I ask only because funny things can happen when dual filament bulbs are fudged into sockets made for single filament units. Also, look for a grounded return wire. Many circuits in the Porsche are "hot" with the key off such as sidelights (turn your directional either way with the key off and you will see what I mean).

Anyway, remove and replace one bulb at a time and see if any of them eliminate the problem. If it does, you are on your way to finding out where the problem lies.

Good luck!!

Bob s.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

This aint the parking lights ???

dont know bout US, but uk models, if you put the indicators on when parking (and lights on) if you switch the engine off, the side lights stay on, regardless of light switch posn, only way rounf it is to start engine, make sure indicator's are off, put lights on then off, then switch off.

I though this would only put the lights on one side though, left or right.

You proably allready know this, so just a suggestion
Adrian
Old 01-21-2002, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Yesterday, as a short term solution, I took out the bulbs. Today I put them back in and fiddled around with the wires and other bulbs and now there seems to be no problem. All fixed......I hope.

Thanks for the solutions.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: