Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What kind of caps are on phone dials

I picked up some phone dials w/o center caps. Do these have the same caps as fuchs. Are these plastic like the fuchs? Ultimately i want to paint the crest like I did on my fuchs.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

They are not the same as the Fuchs caps. I do believe they are plastic.

HTH
Old 01-21-2002, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MBuck951
I'm pretty sure original phone dials have metal center caps. A year or so ago when I still had them on my NA, I stripped all the paint off em and was able to polish the bare metal. I never checked the caps on my turbos' phone dials before I sold em.

Only plastic caps I've seen were aftermarket, like the crap TireRack gives you.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I think they were originally metal...but lots of places sell metal and plastic varieties ( ~ $60 and $30 bucks respectively). Long live phone dials--my fave wheel by far!
Old 01-21-2002, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Phone Dials

I believe that Phone dials came with Metal Caps.

There are at least two different variants of the metal caps.
I've seen them with either the metal caps with the silver crest or the black crest. It will be the type that fits flush into the face of the wheel. Fuchs caps will not fit.
Then of course, there are those factory painted caps which are usually platinum, rather than silver...

- Abe

btw, let me know if anyone is interested in a 15" set of 87+ offset phone dials?
i have a spare.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Are these phone dial caps

Old 01-23-2002, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

my phone dial center caps are aluminum

the center cap surface will shine with aluminum polish, but the wheel itself is coated with a clear coat or something, whatever it is, it peels off if you use a strong wheel cleaner. and it fades from brake dust. but im just complaining and that has nothing to do with your car i guess.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

caps

yup.
those look like the caps!

Then there's the style where the crest is black.
i believe those look like they'd fit as well.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: