Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Under the car

identify these wires and connectors

This is on an 83 car right where the main chasis harness comes through the firewall. They are near where the evap stuff used to be. Possibly something to do with the ac but I'm not sure. Someone give me a hint please. I am not worried for reasons related to hooking them up, I am looking to get rid of them all together and want to decide if they are something I will ever want.

thanks

Old 11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
[QUOTE=matthewb;5682708]This is on an 83 car right where the main chasis harness comes through the firewall. They are near where the evap stuff used to be. Possibly something to do with the ac but I'm not sure. Someone give me a hint please. I am not worried for reasons related to hooking them up, I am looking to get rid of them all together and want to decide if they are something I will ever want.

thank

OK__ matthew__ not 100% sure because it's hard by just looking at the pics,but I believe those are your engine compartement ligth connections.If you take a close look at my pic on the rigth hand side (top of the brake booster ) you'll see a switch mounted to the firewall with a rubber protector on it ,one of those wires goes to it ,now look at the wire running up to the hood near the hood shock this where the ligth (bulbe) location will be . Hope the heck I'm rigth [img]
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 11-19-2010, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
In this one you can see the better( the on & off white switch with the black rubber protector ) & the wire clip to the hood hinge going up to the ligth.Car was same as yours an 83.
83-944 show room -sold___New ride 93-968 with SC steering wheel-ROW signal ligths- Susp M030 mods lowered,Porsche VA springs- Adjustable struts - Bilstein inserts - Bilstein sport rear -LSD -riding on Cup 1 wheels 17x8 frt 17x9.5 rear road contact Falken 452/ 225-45 ZR Front 255-40 ZR Rear -- Motor Mods /chip /K&N / mod air boxe just love the handling & power
Old 11-19-2010, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

the 2 spade plugs look like those that connect to the brake fluid level on top of the master cylinder
Old 11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
the 2 spade plugs look like those that connect to the brake fluid level on top of the master cylinder
Like I said not 100% sure, but you migth be rigth sure look like it.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Under the car

I am pretty sure one set was for the auxilary air valve and the other was for the A/C clutch based on what I was able to finnnd in the schematics. Does that sound feasible? The brake fluid indicator wires are still there as well as the hood light wires.

Thanks

Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: