Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Greasy Member

I'mmmmm back.....

Hey all, sorry for being away for so long!

Between having a second child (son, Alexander), changing the direction of the shop to a dedicated race shop, and being a sponsor for the 944 Spec race series for NASA, my time to hop on line has dropped to next to none.

I apologize to all that were looking forward to the 2010 get together here at the shop, with a hectic race season schedule it just wasn't going to work out. Don't be discouraged however! I WILL make sure that a 2011 GTG will happen, it will just take alot of planning to fit it in between race weekends.

So more the the point, how the hell is everyone?!?
Chris, Rich, Richard, Patrick, CJ.... Anything new going on? Everyone else, what's new?

I will admit, There were a couple of times I was going to hop back on and say hey, but was feeling pretty bad about "bailing" on everyone here on the forum. Hopefully y'all can forgive me! For those that don't know Bennington Motorsports is now an official sponsor and tech shop for the NASA Midwest race series. We have really stepped up the shop with a full alignment rack, scale setup, tire mounting and balancing services, mandrel bender and notcher for building cages.... the list goes on and on.

I'm going to make it an early new years resolution to remain active on as many of the forums as possible, but forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back with anyone. I just cant find the time to be an "all day poster" as I used to be in the past.

Talk to yall soon!
-Nick

-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Proprietoristicly Refined

Nick,

Congratulations on your new son.

Glad to read your shop is moving up. Will you still be doing rebuilds on the 944/951 heads? A couple members mentioned that emails were not replied to when inquired.

Speedy (speedracing944) is chasing thieves in WI.
Just got burglarized, gave chase and caught the bad guys!

Again, congratulations on your son, Alexander
John
Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Misunderstood User

Garage
Nick,

Good to hear from you. Congrats on the boy!!!

1983 944n/a
2003 Mercedes CLK 500 - totaled. Sanwiched on the Kennedy Expressway
Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
meister member

Garage
Nick,

Good to hear from you. I assumed you were pretty busy with the shop and the downturned economy.

Congrats on the new baby! We had another baby girl 3 weeks ago as well! I hope your wife is doing fine. Tell her I say hi.

The short story of my life:
Graduated Engineering School
Got job
Had baby
Working on the 944
Got burglarized
Single handedly caught said burglar
Hear from you

How could life get any better?

Speedy
Favorite Road = www.tailofthedragon.com 318 turns in 11 miles (11 min 20 sec best run)
Old 11-22-2010, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Greasy Member

Damn speedy,
You graduated, AND got a job, lucky.... I guess I shouldn't have gone nuke I guess I got my fill from the govt!

Congrats on the little girl, god knows my daughter is both my sanity & insanity

As I posted before, I will make sure we have a GTG in 2011! It really bums me that I broke tradition this year I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again!

great to hear from you!

P.S. good job chasing down the low lifes!!
-Nick
-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Congrats on your new son!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Banned

Bump.

Glad to hear from you again Nick! I look forward to seeing you again next summer.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Oh great! Maybe now you can explain to me why you sold me a "rebuilt" short block for a 944S that I cant use because the pistons and cylinder walls are damaged...

People have been asking me all year why I bought it, the only explanation I have is "he told me it was good".

Because of this deal, my car had to be taken from the shop and stored in my garage until I can find a solution.. In all honesty, the block I pulled from my car is in better shape, and its not like i can just swap the cylinders, is it?

$850 down the drain ($600 + $250 shipping), how do you explain yourself?

Endat

Last edited by Endat; 01-20-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Redline Racer

He's alive!

I figured it was probably life, but you never know... Good to hear everything's going well.

It looks like you disappeared right before I killed my motor. Had quite the project building another one, and a DIY Alusil honing procedure for already decent in spec cylinders that got alot more attention than I ever anticipated, and apparently inspired a few other rebuild projects. Project 924 S engine replacement
She's running exceptionally well now with almost 17K on it and less oil consumption than the old motor ever had. Right now I've gone full time to finish engineering school, hoping nothing expensive happens in the next couple years.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
did ya disappear again? would really like to find a solution to this problem...

kinda tired of my pride and joy sitting in the garage collecting dust

edit: I dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything, and congrats on the baby... but seriously, WTF?

Last edited by Endat; 01-20-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: