Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
You ready for a road trip...Hershey!!

Alright guys, mark your calenders and start saving your pennies. The Hershey Porsche Swap Meet is just around the corner. April 20th this year, the location, Chocolate town USA, (Hershey, PA for those who don't know the history). Well, I live about 30-45 minutes away and I am getting reservations for a hotel for those of you that wish to drive here for the weekend and check out the biggest all Porsche meet on the Right Coast. Perhaps, the biggest anywhere. Well, the hotel I am going to get you guys has group rates for at least 8 people. They have a total of 23 rooms, plus 3 suites. I forget the actual group rates because the young ladie that was working at the counter had me distracted. I will find that out tomorrow. I need to know how many of you people are interested in taking a weekend trip. I will make the reservations for the 19th thru the 21st. This is a big Porsche event, you don't want to miss this. So, if you can make it, please let me know on here or through email, swtncdly@aol.com and I will get all the details about the hotel and stuff like that. Another thing, the hotel also has a 48 hour cancellation policy.
I will be posting this on multiple boards.

Porsche, through and through
Tim
'83 944
<><

My Photo Page
My Home Page

"Their would be no Porsche today if it wasn't for the 944..."

Old 01-23-2002, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
where do i sign up..? Do they take credit cards at the swap meets.....If so Ill be reall happy but in deep deep shet.....Yes I will definately be there..I emailed you...
Old 01-23-2002, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by fty
where do i sign up..? Do they take credit cards at the swap meets.....If so Ill be reall happy but in deep deep shet.....Yes I will definately be there..I emailed you...
I believe some of the vendors take credit cards...last year they had a Mobil bank which you could get money and stuff like that.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i can prolly go..i only live a couple hours away..i just have to convince my parents to let a 17 year kid go by himself.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 85944na Send a message via AIM to 85944na
damnit!, its 1124 miles away from me

Early 85 G-red 944na, S2 transmission, Ice Shark grounds, Cibie E-Code lights, turbo rear valance, 924S gauges, Turbo S full power seats, "Porsche" door handles, Enkei Wheels.
95 Infiniti G20 dark red metallic-for sale soon
87 BMW 325ic Bronzit, stock(for now)
Old 01-23-2002, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by 85944na
damnit!, its 1124 miles away from me
Then you better leave on Monday!
Old 01-24-2002, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

I live a couple hours from Hershey.
Looking forward to my first swap meet!!

Stray I emailed ya.

Rob
Old 01-24-2002, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Alright, I got the rates, the group rates are $77 plus tax for 2 adults, and for each additional person it will be 10 dollars more, up to four people. That I believe is for a night, kinda pricy. Their are plenty of motels around here as well that I am sure are much cheaper. I will check that out if you guys want something cheaper.

So everyone that is interested in a place to stay, let me know if those prices are alright for you or if you want me to find something cheaper.

Also, this year, for the first time they are having an autoX the sunday after the swap for PCA members only, I will probably go and check that out and maybe participate if I decide to actually join the PCA before then. Here is a website with all the latest info: http://www.centralpaporsche.org/Swap2002/swap_header.htm
Old 01-24-2002, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Best Western

Here's a link to the Best Western of Hershey. They have the lowest ($59.95 a night) rates I could find.

http://www.travelweb.com/booker/AppLogic+booker.hotel.info.Start?GXHC_gx_session_i d_booker=b948257143ab685b&brand=BW&pid=39047&iid=BW
83 Mercedes 300D turbo-diesel
Old 01-24-2002, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 85944na Send a message via AIM to 85944na
i'll make it sometime, but not this year. I checked out my spring break, and its not even close. I have class Friday and Monday. Maybe next time!

Early 85 G-red 944na, S2 transmission, Ice Shark grounds, Cibie E-Code lights, turbo rear valance, 924S gauges, Turbo S full power seats, "Porsche" door handles, Enkei Wheels.
95 Infiniti G20 dark red metallic-for sale soon
87 BMW 325ic Bronzit, stock(for now)
Old 01-24-2002, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Wink cheap enough....

EHHH i have finals the following week...Im still goin... I hate screwl anywayz..........yeah stray those rates are ok...just gonna have to pack four poeple in a room....count me in..Ill sleep on the floor for an extra five bucks off -chris (whens shabbas?)

97/4= about 24 bucks a night...sounds GREAT
Old 01-24-2002, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
This could be fun. But i'm kinda broke though

Distance: 2291.4 miles Approximate Travel Time: 38 hours 31 mins

Anyone want to give me a jet for the weekend? I let u see my fiance in a bikini!
Old 01-24-2002, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Thumbs up

we will be there 100%

let's do the same thing we did 2 years ago... if eveyone can decide on a hotel/motel/whatever... we can all hang out before the event. this was a lot of fun and it was cool to run into some people we've only met online.

$60 a night is good . experience tells us to go cheap and then spend a ton at the swap

obin
Old 01-24-2002, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Hey obin Ill drive down with you if you want..Ill be in rochester at that point and I could pick you up on the way down....-chris
Old 01-24-2002, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: