Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
interior clock trouble, please help

i while ago i noticed that my interior clock has started de-laminating and the numbers starting to disappear. i recently purchased another clock off ebay and tried to install it. i followed a workshop manual so got the clock no problem. i noticed that on the clocks connector there was a wire coming from the live feed and straight onto the bulb itself, definitely someones repair job. i installed the new clock without this wire and when the lights turn on the clock numbers disappear, i tried putting the wire back in but still the numbers disappear when the lights go on. both the new and old clock now have this problem so its not the clocks, maybe a grounding issue?

please help

regards harry

Old 12-04-2010, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
On the clock back side there is a 4 pin male socket. Negative - is to lower right, Positive + is lower Left, Positive + for light is Upper Right. If you can jumper these connections with a 9 volt battery while the clock is out, to check it's function, then it is truly a back wiring problem - There should not be an extra wire besides the 4 prong wiring. The light bulb is to the left of the 4 prong socket and is a twist out assembly if you need to check it's function.

Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 12-04-2010, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: