Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
strange noise from new control arm bushings

i have a 87 951 with a full koni coilover set up front and rear and i just installed elaphant racing front control arm bushings and they are quit loud. they make a clunking noise all the time but the car feels great. is this normal?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Toofah King Bad

Garage
Nope, something is loose.

"DETERMINATION. Sometimes cars test us to make sure we're worthy. Fix it." - alfadoc
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yeah definitely go back over your work if something is "clunking." Did you only change the front bushings? They shouldn't really make much noise. I'd suspect something else is loose.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
i thought the same thing so i checked and every thing down there is tightened correctly
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i have the elephant racing front bushings and castor blocks - they should not make any noise

that being said, i did wear one castor block out, which is a very odd thing for them

also, there were a couple that i have heard of that had the bearing seize up

none of this is more than any manufacturer, as everybody has an oddball thing happen once in a while, and of course you hear about it, but nonetheless, it is something to investigate

Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: