Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to overkill
944S Boyee, HE HE HE :)

Your right, no matter how hard I try cant get the tires to squeel! I'm hitting these 360 degree off ramps at ridiculous speeds and......i'm still on the road! Amazing! Anyway, can I get that thermo valve switch here at Pelican? Couldn't find it. Also, it was not whinning.....its was like a low pitch tea pot boiling over, and the higher the RPM the louder it got. It's not doing it now, but as soon as I get home im going to check the hoses and do alittle exploring under the hood. About the take off speed.....I dont CARE! When I hit 2nd- 3rd gear at like 3000 - 3500, im smiling I have to do my cam trensioner soon. Where can I get the tensioner from?
Old 01-25-2002, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to 944S Boyeee
Yes, yes- that handling STILL amazes me. Mind you, my second car is a Suzuki Sidekick - so handling has not been part of my life for awhile. When I drive the Porsche for awhile and then get in the Sidekick, it actually feels like I'm going to fall out of it or it is going to flip over or something and the Sidekick isn't really that bad a handling car for an SUV. I was in my friends 1980 Corvette just the other nite and I was thinking how badly it handled (I kept it to myself though - can't tell a Corvette owner anything!!). I was in another friends BMW M3 and it even didn't hold a candle to the 944. I haven't learned to drive it well as of yet, but I'm sure once I know it's limits, I'll be scaring the pants off people in the corners just like I scare people when I take them offroad in the Sidekick (note - when driving off the face of a very steep cliff, going down - it always seems about 400% steeper when you're in the passenger seat!!! I've been slapped sooo many times by girls for driving over the edges of things and up steep hills! He, he).

As for the Thermovalve - I got mine a local parts place. Any "import" car parts place should have it, just open the phone book and call every single part place in there until you find the best price - that is what I always do. You would be amazed by the differences in prices from different places. Call em' all.

I don't know where the Cam tensioner came from (as someone bought it for me) - but I think it was from Whaletail in Ontario, Canada. Take advantage of the exchange rate. Here is the website...

http://home.golden.net/~waletail/

**note the name isn't "Whaletail" in the address - I don't know why, but that link should work.

Yea, I don't mind the slow start-up power of the 944 - but having that extra "uhummph" at the 3500 RPM (and higher) from the extra valves and horsepower is awesome. I love just cruising at like 3500 RPM and then tap the gas and feel that push. I also like the look on people's faces when I pass them on the highway.

Good luck and keep on cornering!!!

944SBoyee
Old 01-28-2002, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: