Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

VIN tag restoration help

I've been trying to figure out how to recreate the body id tags for my car. Any help would be appreciated. I called and talked to Sunset and they said that they could sell the front metal VIN tag and the rear options sticker specific to my car but that they would both just be vinyl stickers and $170 each? Would be nice to confirm if that is all Porsche can offer from someone else.

Here are some examples of what I need - these are off other cars of course.

Last edited by JoshB; 02-03-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
How long have you got? We just got an engraver so I will have to play with it see if I can replicate what you are looking for.... We can do printed Vinyl decals as well, be pretty hard to get an exact recreation of those old decals on todays equipment. If you are intereseted I can have the lady that does our design work(AKA MOM) play with them a little bit and see how close she can get....
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Toofah King Bad

Garage
Erm, you may wish to put a call in to DMV before fabbing a VIN tag. . .The Man may take a dim view of this.

"DETERMINATION. Sometimes cars test us to make sure we're worthy. Fix it." - alfadoc
Old 02-03-2011, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
How long have you got? We just got an engraver so I will have to play with it see if I can replicate what you are looking for.... We can do printed Vinyl decals as well, be pretty hard to get an exact recreation of those old decals on todays equipment. If you are intereseted I can have the lady that does our design work(AKA MOM) play with them a little bit and see how close she can get....
That would be great! I can figure out exactly what I need to have printed on the options tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta Monsta View Post
Erm, you may wish to put a call in to DMV before fabbing a VIN tag. . .The Man may take a dim view of this.
I can share a copy of the title in my name and a picture of a VIN tag that wasn't removed on the car so that anyone helping me is covered. For legitimate restoration/accident repair I would think this type of work is done all the time.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Toofah King Bad

Garage
You could be correct, Josh. It just seems worth a quick call. . .we wouldn't want you accidentally committing a felony.

"DETERMINATION. Sometimes cars test us to make sure we're worthy. Fix it." - alfadoc
Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta Monsta View Post
You could be correct, Josh. It just seems worth a quick call. . .we wouldn't want you accidentally committing a felony.
Certainly wouldn't want to do anything illegal - just trying to restore a car I own free and clear. I found a company www.datatags.com and emailed them about redoing the metal tag for me.

Last edited by JoshB; 02-03-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
If you can do this i'm also interested in recreating my option code tags.
Let's do a group buy
Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Any luck on this? Especially the little vin sticker with porsche lettering.

instagram @mhariush http://stores.ebay.com/Techniker-Parts/
Old 11-13-2015, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Josh, these guys reproduce the 944 body tags. VIN sticker, US market only, 911, 928, 924, 944 (1986 – 1995) | Car-Bone.pl and the paper sticker Warranty book and under hood paper stickers, 911 (1986 – 1989) | Car-Bone.pl but they dont specify for the 944. Also have the hard to find paint code decals.

I got a few decals from them, good quality fast shipping. Better quality than some of the decal sets you see on Ebay
Old 11-14-2015, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
ltfisher

Garage
I would be interested in the firing order sticker.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: