Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to fty
Question.seats.....& laws..

If I remove all the seast except the drivers outta my car will the cops kill me? anyone know the law? Thanks....
Im doing it to save wieght.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 944xmastree.jpg (61.5 KB, 138 views)
Old 02-14-2002, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Well, if their is a law then the lawmakers should be beat with a stick, because it is stupid.

As long as their is a seat/seatbelt for every person in the car their shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, are you gonna give me a good deal on your passenger seat? You don't wanna hold onto it, it would only take up room.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Package vans, mail trucks and delivery vehicles have only one seat. What's the problem? As long as you do not have a passenger strapped to the floor I think you are OK.

How much weight you gonna save?

Good luck

Bob S.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

No law that I know of prevents it, unless you are insane enough to remove all of the seats and then have passengers...

AFJuvat

(you should save about 100 - 150 pounds)
Old 02-14-2002, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
If you're going to be doing any PCA DE events, you'd better keep the seat in there: ya need one of them for the instructor!

-Z.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 02-15-2002, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

This may sound crazy but I think the law only talks about seat belts. In other words, you can have a plywood seat bolted to the floor but as long as you have a seat belt you are ok.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: