Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question more mechanic recommendations in S. CA needed

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on mechanics in San Diego. The car passed the pre-purchase inspection and now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful, red 1987 951!

I'm looking for a recommendation of a good independent shop near Pasadena, where I live. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by BBC_dicaprio; 02-19-2002 at 06:53 PM..
Old 02-19-2002, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The 2 Shops that I'm familiar with near your area are:
1) TRE Motorsports (North Hollywood): The guys there are really knowledgeable. The owner Dave is a good friend and is very actively involved in POC and PCA Racing. I've had them work on my cars as well and would highly recommend them. Tell them I sent you (Dave from RealRide Racing). (818)509-0257
2) WerksII (Burbank): Another excellent shop. Galen is the owner and also a friend. They mainly work on the aircooled cars but he helped us set up our 944Turbo's race suspension by revalving the shocks, calibrating spring rates, etc.

I believe there's also a shop in Pasadena called Scientific Motorsports which is listed in the POC magazine but I have no experience with them. Hope this helps, feel free to E-mail me if you have further questions (RealRideRacing@aol.com)

Regards,
David
PENNYWEB/REALRIDE.COM RACING
http://www.RealRide.com
Old 02-19-2002, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You might want to call Speed Force Racing. The owners Tim and John are very knowledgable Porsche enthusiast especially when it comes to the 951. There located in Santee CA. Check out there web site Speed Force Racing
Old 02-22-2002, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by RealRideRacing
The 2 Shops that I'm familiar with near your area are:
1) TRE Motorsports (North Hollywood): The guys there are really knowledgeable. The owner Dave is a good friend and is very actively involved in POC and PCA Racing. I've had them work on my cars as well and would highly recommend them. Tell them I sent you (Dave from RealRide Racing). (818)509-0257
2) WerksII (Burbank): Another excellent shop. Galen is the owner and also a friend. They mainly work on the aircooled cars but he helped us set up our 944Turbo's race suspension by revalving the shocks, calibrating spring rates, etc.

I believe there's also a shop in Pasadena called Scientific Motorsports which is listed in the POC magazine but I have no experience with them. Hope this helps, feel free to E-mail me if you have further questions (RealRideRacing@aol.com)

Regards,
David
PENNYWEB/REALRIDE.COM RACING

I have heard good feedback about both shops in items #1 and #2. A dear friend had her motor recently rebuilt by Scientific...she will never use them again.

I live about 15 miles south of you on the 605 fwy and I use a shop nearby with great success. I like the owner's style... doesn't use magazine ads, no websites, no oil change specials, and more importantly no out-of-control ego..."referral only" and business with a handshake, he has been around since 1964 working on P-cars...reputation counts...conversely, look at MM's rep on this board, who would want to risk doing business with them?

With any tuner, Trust and credibility is everything...good luck
"Long Hoods Rule"
"RICE - The Breakfast of Champions"
Old 02-23-2002, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: