Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up paint touch up

i have my side mirrors beaten up by rocks,,, so why not paint them??? i looked around and found an auto parts store called .. carquest... they had a custom paint dept. right there..... so i says can you match this??? o ya , your color is mars red..... 15 , 20 min. tops.. he comes out with what looks like a lunch box,,, places it on my hood in 3 different spots,,, kinda scans the hood,,, and says come back in 15............... so i come back and he hands me a small bottle for touch up and a spray can , i says well its red, does it have any uv protectant in it? he say its state of the art car paint, auto body shops use the same stuff. let it dry for a week or more in the sun before you buff it to a shine, in other words ..let it cure.....ok. well i spray the mirrors last sunday... boy o boy what a color match .... right on...

cost me $20.00

buffin the mirrors maybe this weekend
Old 02-25-2002, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

and???

what's the stuff called, where is it sold?
Old 02-26-2002, 12:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sounds like good stuff. I have guards red with the same problem and would love to be able to get my hands on this paint.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

do a search on the net, there might be a carquest auto parts store in your area.

crusin a 924s mars red
Old 02-26-2002, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i just did a search and their a franchise,,,, your going to have to call around to see if they have a paint dept in their store.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: