Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Clutch Issues

Hello,

I have a clutch problem !!!!!!!!!!!! My pedal depresses completely and wont return.........The fluid levels are fine, and I just replaced my slave cylinder thinking that was the culprit.......well alas, the clutch slave cyclinder wont bleed......is it my master slave cylinder? Could it be gook in the lines? (its been sitting for a while - 4 months) I cant figure this one out.....any help is appreciated oh yeah and my brakes work fine if that means anything.

Clay
Old 03-01-2002, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bob's944
Porsche Crest

Your master cylinder is gone... lot's of post on that... here's one .. http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15129&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
Old 03-01-2002, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Clay, before you put a clutch master cylinder, try to bleed the slave cylinder one more time. I had trouble with two different 944s. Then I read a previous post that suggested using a oil squirt can filled with brake fluid. Get some clear hose from the hardware store that will fit tightly on the bleed nipple, and pump the fluid into the slave cylinder from the bottom. It worked for me the first try. Good luck
Ralph
Old 03-01-2002, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks gentlemen, I will give this a go
Old 03-01-2002, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

To check if your clutch master cylinder is leaking, stick your head way under the driver's console and look at where the cylinder's push rod comes through the firewall and connects to your pedal. Pull the rubber bellows on the rod back and push down on the clutch pedal with your hand. If it's bad, you'll probably see fluid coming out from there (this is were I found the leak on mine).

Replacing the master isn't too difficult, except that you don't have much room to work with. Before you begin to bleed the system, remember to adjust the play in your clutch pedal (there should be some tension from the spring pulling on the pedal). Bleeding the system only took me about 10-15min with my wife as my assistant. Be sure that the fluid level does not drop below the feed line for the clutch master.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: