Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to overkill
I Performed My First Drift!!!!

WHA HOO! I just did it. I was cominf back from BK and the road was wet. I thought it would be a good time to try seeing that throad was wet and know one was around. I was cruzin about 15 - 20 in neutral with clutch floored, i had the car in second. As soon as i cracked the turn boom I dropped the clutch and floor it. The back came around, I cut the steering wheel and and then hit the next gear where the car started to straighten out and grap the road. It was great. Now I have to tackle dry road, but I think ill save that for a track somewhere. Also, My windshield wiper on the pass side just crapped out on me!
Old 03-03-2002, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Geez, I guess you aren't TOO broken up about that guy doing the swan dive off of your roof, huh? What ever happened to "Nighty night, I'm going to get 'blasted'"? How old are you, really?
83 Mercedes 300D turbo-diesel
Old 03-03-2002, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
Umm, I'm 23 and I didnt get blasted Maybe tonight. Umm, about the patient? I havent slep yet... If I close my eyes... I see a 3' by 5' window with big pieces of broken glass all around the edge of the window. The window sill...runn the length of the window ans is about 1' wide, cover with blood... smeared all of the place. Through the window I see BLACK, nothing but BLACK and faint brick buildings. They are very close. Its dark and cold. I look out the window and look down, a bottom less pit. Can barely see him at the bottom. I dont like this........ I am a strong person but this is very hard and I'm trying to go back to my everyday self. My legs are soar as hell right now and im not going to work tonight.
Old 03-03-2002, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
Take it easy diesel...lets not be too judgemental...Id be doin anything to keep my mind off something like that.....best to all-chris

PS- Overkill you did the most virtuious thing you could have done. Best of luck getting through it...
Old 03-03-2002, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Your first drift? Well, congrats, my man!!!! That's right up there with your first shaving, first kiss, and first front tooth. The other day, I performed my fist highway merge into traffic. (don't faint) Pretty cool, eh?!?
Old 03-04-2002, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gforces944
cool

That's cool, you'll find out that the 944 is very stable and controllable with the tail hangin out. Go to an autocross...there you'll really drive your car like you never have before. Better still if it's raining.

An Air Force Fighter Pilot was asked, "What's it like flying the F-16?"
He replied, "It's like driving a Porsche!"
Old 03-04-2002, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up

easy practice drifting:

find a big empty parking lot and try it when it's raining. loads of fun!

i've done some big drifts through intersections before. these were the "man i hope a cop didn't see that" drifts that make you giggle for a good mile or so down the road.

obin
Old 03-06-2002, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Here's a couple of drift videos I have up on my website (I have about a billion, but these are the ones I uploaded the other day before I went to sleep):

http://ribs.americainteractive.com/videos/carvideos/AE86vsAltezzaB.mpeg

http://ribs.americainteractive.com/videos/carvideos/junsupra_short.mpeg

Oh...and this is the coolest review of a car I have ever seen (a little bit of driftin' in the MacF1): http://ribs.americainteractive.com/videos/carvideos/mclarentop-gearonbbc.mpeg

'86 951, gone for 10+ years
Old 03-06-2002, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
That Supra is bad a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
928 OC member
PCA member
Old 03-06-2002, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

hey! I know how you feel... pulled my first dry pavement drift the other day. Right after a stop light you have to hook right then left and I shifted inot 2nd while starting to curve and drifted right through the curve! it was great but i'll never do it again.. very narrow road, close to guard rail- but that makes it more fun right? hehe jk

Pat
02' Suzuki GSX-R 600
Old 03-08-2002, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: